Close

Thoughts diagnosing an axis issue please

So, I installed clough42's hexagon fan shroud, and ABL kit yesterday.

today i am going to print and it seems like my X? axis is off... I am wondering if i had the eccintric spacer tightened a little too much on the X-carraige so i have already adjusted that. i need to redo my offsets real quick. Any other ideas of what could be causing this?

I have a rambo board so my pots are set digitally to .7A

This is the exact same view you would have ig you were facing the printer looking down at the print.

Engineer
    Check your belt tension, one may be too loose or too tight. Also check the pulleys on your stepper motors, make sure they're tight and not slipping.

twas a loose pulley on the X motor, thank you sir :-) testing the print again to double check but it's looking much better already

I probably would have check that eventually... after i tested and assumed it was some software problem iterated through that for a day or two and decided to go back to mechanical :-P

Always go for the simplest solution when troubleshooting. Incorrect adjustments (too loose, too tight) are the most common causes of inaccurate prints. Don't forget that the software you are using has been tested by the compilers and users in the field a billion* times, so the bugs should be out of it.

OME

* When I was a kid a "million dollars" was a seemingly unreachable figure. Nowadays it's pocket change. Oh to return to Mayberry.