Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What is filament drag? The problem as far as I can tell (now) seems to that the filament isn't coming out fast enough. I don't really understand how that is possible since I haven't changed the settings at all since original creation.

Technologist
    It involves the parts of above the print head. If those parts get too hot, they heat the filament that is above the nozzle. That makes it yield and expand radially as it is being pushed down into the nozzle. If the filament expands enough to drag on the bore, it will jam.

The usual cure is a fan blowing on the print head.

Technician
    I refer to filament drag as anything which makes it harder to pull the filament off the spool. Includes spool turning drag and also the requirement for more pull as you get towards the center of the roll. Tighter set filament, near the center, is harder to pull then filament near the outside of the spool.

while some of these might be slight, it can be enough to put you over the edge.

Engineer
    All the PLA I've tried to print with needed to print at 190 or higher. At 180, the infill would be too brittle and not adhere to the previous layer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12