Close

Thread: Rambo Setup

Engineer

Rambo Setup

I am reading and watching as much as I can to get ready to assemble my i3v 12" once it arrives

Im confused about the RAMBO setup.
    when I watch the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOojWpuci_o)
    on ramps firmware

It suggests that once i run the arduino software I open up the appropriate files

my options based on the download link from makerfarm are:

Marlin_RAMPS_EPCOS_i3_6inch
    Marlin_RAMPS_EPCOS_i38
    Marlin-Graphical LCD

which one do i use?

or do i use the separate download link for Rambo firmware?

RAMBOGLCDi3v

Separate link for rambo firmware

Ramboglcdi3v is correct

Technologist
    Sniffle can you confirm for me if I follow this tutorial I would be able to fully setup RAMBo. Here is the link. http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to...-3D-printer/1/

Also was your hotbed a bit warped. I look at it from the side and it looks like it is a little. Not sure if is me or what.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    Separate link for rambo firmware

Ramboglcdi3v is correct

Ill take a look in an a few when i get settled in at work. There are a few numbers that i dont know where they came from in the original that that guide might tell you how to figure out how they came about

Ok looking at the instructable yes for the most part it will get you up and going.

There are a few differences from the 12" pdf(i still havent looked at the entire instructable)

I will say i didnt follow the video for setting up mine i followed the pdf. There were a couple things that were not covered in the pdf that were covered in the user manual from reprapelectro that i felt were important.

Like setting up the arduino board to be a rambo instea of a mega 2560

As to the heated bed, they're never flat they are too thin to ever truly be flat. Go to walmart and grab 1 or 2 twelve packs of small binder clips they are .88$ a box and use them generously to secure your heated bed to tour glass. Because the size or the bed is so large 4 clips will never hold thw heated bed to the glass and you want the glass to make the heated bed more rigid so that your leveling will actually make a difference.

Technologist
    Thank you!!! For the reply and help.

Feel free to ask away i dunno how many others have 12" builds complete that are actually active on this forum. And 3d printing is so spread out its hard to find all the niches where info is hidden.

Ive had to rely on old school googlefu tactics a few times omitting certain key words or using more obscure words at times to find what i need.

Im still learning myself but ill do what i can to help. And if i am able today im going to do a abl for rambo tutorial for noobs

Technologist
    Thanks. Yeah I seen lately you been working on abl. A tutorial for noobs would really help out. As am a complete noob to 3d printing and rambo board and arduino.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    Feel free to ask away i dunno how many others have 12" builds complete that are actually active on this forum. And 3d printing is so spread out its hard to find all the niches where info is hidden.

Ive had to rely on old school googlefu tactics a few times omitting certain key words or using more obscure words at times to find what i need.

Im still learning myself but ill do what i can to help. And if i am able today im going to do a abl for rambo tutorial for noobs

i need some fairly high res rambo pics(i'm at work so no access to my printer/board) and i can get it written up today.

even with my noob guide you still have to be able to think because some things can change.