Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Engineer

Adamfilip i3v 12" Build

My Makerfarm i3v 12" has finally arrived (Woohoo)

I will post updates on my progress.

Engineer
    Getting ready to paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    just a quick comment.. im surprised how small everything is. for some reason i expected the V rails and Motor to be larger..lol

Engineer
    Got it all painted finally. 3 Coats of Rustoleum Gloss black on each side. ofcourse right after i was done i noticed a small wood piece left over hiding under some packing peanuts in the box.. DOH!

I started assembling the X Motor mount.. paint is still tacky.. I need to wait till its dryer.. im leaving finger prints!
    I opted for the Solid V Wheels instead of the regular wheels.

Looking forward to following this, my order will go in next but I won't start building until we get home in April (we're in an RV escaping the Canadian winter). Hopefully I can get the painting done before I get home, do it should be really dry by the time I get to assemble.
    Just realised your in Canada... whereabouts, I live in Ottawa.

I didn't realise there was a choice of wheels, what is the advantage of the solid V over the regular?

Engineer
    I would like to install the X axis Endstop position on the left side by the stepper, instead of the right.
    how to do i set the firmware to work this way..
    Last edited by adamfilip; 01-09-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Engineer
    I have made great process today. (thats what happens when you take the day off to build!)
    got the glass on, working on the limit switches now.

Happy to have my 7 year old son, interested in helping me
    I had to cut the corners on my 1/4" glass bed, luckily i have a diamond cut off blade for my dremel

Engineer
    im not confident how straight and true the x axis extrusion is.. im also not really sure how to check and realign

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    im not confident how straight and true the x axis extrusion is.. im also not really sure how to check and realign
    I used a straightedge across the X-motor mount and the X-idler bracket, and adjusted the two ends so the straightedge sat evenly before tightening up the bolts on both sides. Others have used a caliper to measure the distance between the lower extrusion and the two sides of the y-bed (without the glass and heat bed), or the distance to the top of the Z motor mounts, or the top of the two Y-rails. It really only needs to be in the ballpark, and bed leveling will be used for the fine adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    I would lie to install the X asis Endstop position on the left side by the stepper, instead of the right.
    how to do i set the firmware to work this way..
    What I did on my 8-inch printer is move the Y-endstop to the motor-end of the rail as well, and no firmware change was necessary after flipping the two motor connectors 180 degrees so the motors were reversed. What this did was move the home location from the right-rear to the front-left. I preferred the front-left corner as home anyway, where it is easier to wipe away any filament priming before a print starts, and this way the orientation of the print on the bed is the same as it is in Pronterface and Repetier-Host.
    Last edited by printbus; 01-08-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    adamfilip your printer looks great! Coming along nicely and getting the little ones involved! Well done!

Man an all of the painted printers look fantastic! I really wish I had done that looking back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast