Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So i have put in a couple more days. Taken things apart again To move the z end stop t nut to the right side of the printer. I plan on z probing it in the long run but no reason not to have you back up already installed. The rambo came with end stops and the printer came with its own. I wonder what other i3v 12" guys used? Pictures of its current build status.

2014-12-19 14.37.46.jpg2014-12-19 14.38.47.jpg

I used the ones provided by colin. I also ordered switches without levers for my abl. Like you i left my original endstop in plave as a backup.

I plan on writing a newbs guide to abl on a rambo soon. Just have to have a few min

I have started to move motors and what not. I had a initial scare as the Rambo board would not turn on. It was due to the end stops being plugged in wrong. I switched the Rambo to be powered from PSU. I had to load the firmware onto the Rambo. In my first version it did not have the proper setting for the extrusion fan. I am changing that in the configuration_adv to fan 2 which will come on at 50c when the extruder is heating up.

I am working on getting all the basics dialed in. Like using most of the print area I can. Counter syncing my beds screws so i can have a flush mount. I will also be setting up a inductive probe for auto leveling.

Making sure the temp sensors are dialed in with a thermo couple. Adjusting for the heat time on my aluminum bed. 110 took less the 3 minutes to get up to on the heat bed.

I will use pla for the most part dialing it in on blue tape. Then I will switch over to buildtak. I have a PEI sheet I would also like to try first. Will update with all the results.

I have put in about 40 hours of printing. Had a leak out the join in the heater with the hexagon. Had to take apart and fix that. Make sure to tighten when hot. I have added the mount for the Auto level probe but not enabled it. My current build surface is buildtak on top of the aluminum bed. I have put some major damage n the buildtak sheet dialing in z. I have switched over to a new micro adjust on the Z that i can adjust from the front of the printer and not have to do crazy stuff to adjust. I have added other basic upgrades like thing to hold in the z screw rods so i don't bend them. A couple updated pictures. I also added led lighting. Some issues uploading pictures will post them another way.

Attached Images Attached Images

i'm quite interested in the z-screw caps/covers would you mind linking the stls

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    i'm quite interested in the z-screw caps/covers would you mind linking the stls
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:410126

Installed new shaft couplers today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12