Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks Sniffle and Razer, I'm looking forward to building and setting up my Makerfarm system

I need to make a 12" build notes post for things that need a heads up.

Rambo needing flashed

The interference of the rambo holder and the relay

The downloaded version of slic3r from makerfarm is setup for the 8" dimensions need to be adjusted to utilize entire bed

I think thats mostly it for now

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    I need to make a 12" build notes post for things that need a heads up.

Rambo needing flashed

The interference of the rambo holder and the relay

The downloaded version of slic3r from makerfarm is setup for the 8" dimensions need to be adjusted to utilize entire bed

I think thats mostly it for now
    Maybe start another thread for the i3v 12" FAQ or something. Since there are two or three others currently in the process of building their, they may be able to contribute additional information as well.

I grabbed a quick picture of mine this morning. My cable sleeving just came in and I plan to put it on this evening.
    20141218_072713.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by razer1141; 12-18-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Yeah ive been too busy playing... Today is the day of wire tidying and pic taking before i get frustrated with abs again...

Pla is easy abs is finicky. I got 1 semi successful abs print... The abl dtuff from zennmaster. I need more clips for the bed and a feeler gauge time to rub to the store :- D

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    I've been finding that the .127 mm feeler gauge is a good place to start for ABS printing at .2mm layer height.

I also have to figure out abl on the rambo board...

Technician
    has anyone have measure the overall current consumption for the I3v 12" . i have been having some power issues . i bought a 12v "30a" power supply from amazon one of those "Cheap" Chinese LED Power supply . and it only lasted 1 print. after that i put my RC charger power supply which is a 350w 12v and the power outlets where melting after 2 hours of use . im using 12 AWG high grade RC wires . so i guess that's not the issue .

i also have seen that most of the larger Printers use 24v as a power source . i was wondering if is possible to power this printer with that voltage and reduce the Amperage and replace the 12v Relay for the bed . according to the Rambo user manual the board can be powered from 10 - 24v but i dont know if extruder heater and bed can be compromised .

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    has anyone have measure the overall current consumption for the I3v 12" ....

i also have seen that most of the larger Printers use 24v as a power source . i was wondering if is possible to power this printer with that voltage and reduce the Amperage and replace the 12v Relay for the bed . according to the Rambo user manual the board can be powered from 10 - 24v but i dont know if extruder heater and bed can be compromised .
    Since I like to over analyze things, I've been waiting on the power consumption numbers too. By area, the 12-inch heat bed should consume 24-26 amps, factoring for the larger area against the stated power consumption of a 10-inch heat bed. The MakerFarm web site, however, says the consumption for the 12-inch heater is 20+ amps. That's a pretty useless spec. The hot end heater, motors, and electronics are probably in the 3 to 5a range.

The 12V heat bed is a 12V heat bed. There MIGHT be a way to modify it otherwise. IIRC, my 8-inch heat bed was broken down into four areas, with a separate trace zig-zagging in each area. They were powered in parallel if I recall. It should be possible to cut open the traces interconnecting the zig zag blocks and rewire block pairs so they are in series and can then run at 24V. You'd be in a world of hurt however if the heat beds are laid out with an odd number of trace blocks. If the RAMBO won't let you keep the cartridge heater on 12V, you'd have to replace it with a 24V one. The heaters aren't that expensive.
    Last edited by printbus; 12-23-2014 at 11:02 AM.

btw printbus, takes between 3-5 min for my 12" bed to hit 110 degrees. using 12AWG wire and 1 layer of cardboard underneath

really annoyed with abl setup right now... it makes logical sense to me...

Sniffle, are you having any issues with your prints? I've noticed my prints aren't as tall as they should be, but the other dimensions are pretty close to correct.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast