Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Do a google search rambo 1.1b user manual.

There are a couple things in there that arent mentioned in any videos that colin has published.

Also are you sure that is the port that your printer is hooked up to?

Technician
    thanks for the advice this has been a big learning curve for me . my ports and everything was good . but in order to upload the firmware i had to install u8glib on the arduino library .

no everything is working even my LCD

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    men this is driving me crazy ...... im trying to update my firmware and im getting an error i can not even compile (error compiling ) i have the following

board arduino Mega 2560 or mega ADK
    Port 7

please help!!
    I'm not sure what issue you would be having, I didn't have any issues once I downloaded the required u8glib library.

Did you install the driver for the board? If not, here's the link. http://reprap.org/wiki/File:RAMBo_USBdriver.zip

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with Arduino by any means, so please try to verify this information first before doing anything.

Doing some quick research, it appears when Arduino compiles a program its compiled to a hex file. You can then use a program called Xloader to upload this program directly to your Arduino without having to compile the source. If this is correct, then I will share my hex file with you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7n...ew?usp=sharing Here is a link to a hex file I created.

Here is a program that I found that is able to upload Hex files directly to the arduino. http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-xloader

Make sure the rambo driver is installed and that you have the correct com port selected in the program. The com port can be found in device manager and there is information on how to do this in the build guide.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Has anyone contacted Colin on these firmware issues? Yes, there have been problems in the past with 10-inch printers shipping with 8-inch firmware. One would have thought similar issues wouldn't occur with the new RAMBO board, but... Although their boards may not ship with the right firmware, and the build guide and videos don't always point to the right firmware download, Colin has always been able to provide people with a link to the right firmware source for their printer - having to search out additional libraries shouldn't be necessary. And the Arduino IDE already comes with an uploader called Avrdude. Uploading is built into the IDE. As long as you have Arduino configured for the right type of AVR processor board, you shouldn't need to go off looking for a third party upload tool. At least I'd be surprised at having to.

EDIT: Well, yeah, getting the USB driver set up is almost always a problem spot. I'll grant you that.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Has anyone contacted Colin on these firmware issues? Yes, there have been problems in the past with 10-inch printers shipping with 8-inch firmware. One would have thought similar issues wouldn't occur with the new RAMBO board, but... Although their boards may not ship with the right firmware, and the build guide and videos don't always point to the right firmware download, Colin has always been able to provide people with a link to the right firmware source for their printer - having to search out additional libraries shouldn't be necessary. And the Arduino IDE already comes with an uploader called Avrdude. Uploading is built into the IDE. As long as you have Arduino configured for the right type of AVR processor board, you shouldn't need to go off looking for a third party upload tool. At least I'd be surprised at having to.

EDIT: Well, yeah, getting the USB driver set up is almost always a problem spot. I'll grant you that.

I emailed him today about it. He said that the build guide specifically states the ramps board comes preflashed, but doesn't mention either way about the rambo. He confirmed the rambo needs to be flashed before use. I responded with the manual looks like it originally included ramps only and the others were added aftwards and that it leads one to assume it comes preflashed. Since only the rambo is sold in the kit, I think some more information regarding the rambo should be added. The link to the firmware is in the build guide though. I think it should clearly state the rambo needs to be flashed and add a link to the arduino software. The only mention of Arduino software is in the ramps zip file and its so old(0023 I think?), it doesn't even support the INO file included in the rambo source.

Also, thinks for the heads up regarding the arduino software. I really have no knowledge of arduino and other than flashing my rambo, have never touched it in my life.
    Last edited by razer1141; 12-16-2014 at 08:41 PM.

yeah, i was about to say the rambo board comes sealed in its own box that has oviously never been touched when you open it.

yeah, it was sealed in the box, but I figured he ordered bulk and possibly had his source preflash the required firmware.

honestly i think he has a laser cutter and orders in batches weekly. it seems like a fairly small operation but he has great customer support which is why i bought the makerfarm version.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    honestly i think he has a laser cutter and orders in batches weekly. it seems like a fairly small operation but he has great customer support which is why i bought the makerfarm version.
    Yeah, that's the same reason why I bought mine. Do you happen to have a close up picture of the rambo/relay issue? I was telling Colin about the issue and he has requested photos showing the issue so he can get it fixed, but I won't be able to get back to my printer until tomorrow evening.

I'll take some pics a little later... i'm currently 6hrs-7hrs into a print, once it's done i'll tighten theings up as much as i can and take pics it's just the bottom edge of the rembo board holder needs to be about 1/8th of an inch shorter or the relay needs to be an 1/8th inch lower

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast