Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
    My i3v-12" should be shipping out today, hopefully I'll have it by week's end. Interesting to read about everyone's build experience here and in other threads in this forum. This will be my second 3D-printer kit, looking forward to having a second machine, and one that will print in more than just PLA. I have already planned to paint and upgrade it while building, using my first printer to manufacture the improvements "on the fly" (simple stuff to start off with - stand-offs for the boards, perhaps new side pieces for the LCD screen and a custom cable-carrier that I've already designed for my first printer). Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and ideas here!
    I don't care much for the Graphical LCD screen mount included in the kit. It gets the job done, but I would rather be able to access the SD card slot from the side like on the basic LCD screen instead of having to reach behind the Graphical LCD and find the slot.

pichuete,

Are you using the firmware the was on the board, or did you flash the one listed in the build guide?
    Last edited by razer1141; 12-16-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Technician
    I'm currently using the stock firmware. I'll update it when I get home and report back. Thanks for the advice.

i've dropped my sdcard like 6 times because of access to the card being so restricted...

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    i've dropped my sdcard like 6 times because of access to the card being so restricted...
    Yeah, had the same issue. I'm thinking if I get slightly longer LCD cables (the ones included were a pretty tight fit to begin with). I can print a new LCD mount that has the screen against the left side bracket that way the card can be accessed from the side like on the other screens.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Yikes, I didn't think the SD card location could get worse but apparently it has!

Another thing to think about is getting a Raspberry Pi and running an Octoprint server. You can send files through your internet browser through wifi to the raspberry pi's sd card and then the pi just hooks in to the usb port of your ramps board. It's one of the best and most plug and play upgrades you can make on your printer! You could likely buy everything you need for the same price of longer LCD cables and you time of upgrading the mounts.

I hated having to pop that sd card in and out every time I needed to make a change and I haven't done it since. I'm actually running mine with the LCD detached right now!

Yeah thats a soon to be implemented upgrade for me.

I went straight for the geared heart just to show off to my wife :-D

But after this im going to swap to abs get another cold end printed as well as the abl stuff.

btw does anyone have a suggestion for an extruder version i should print.... there are several to choose from. I do want a wades style direct drive like whats on it. just curious if anyone has a specific design they think is better than others.

as before now that i have a chance... pics incoming :-)

Technician
    men this is driving me crazy ...... im trying to update my firmware and im getting an error i can not even compile (error compiling ) i have the following

board arduino Mega 2560 or mega ADK
    Port 7

please help!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast