Close

Nozzle size vs wall thickness

Hello,

I would like to ask more experienced users for explenation and help with this issue. I would like to print an element that has 1mm wide walls. I use HBOT printer with 0.4 nozzle. It doesn't matter which slicing software i use, each time it makes only one perimeter on each side of the wall leaving a hole between those, although in some walls (same thickness) it looks ok. I used diffrent infill settings (including 100%) getting the same result, i also used diffrent perimeters amount. The effect is that print has basically has no stiffnes and is easily broken. I tried to change extrusion width to 0.33 (and it sliced well) but the print itself wasn't any good as well. Below i post screenshot explaining what i mean. How can i overcome that problem?

Przechwytywanie.jpg

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by rekoks; 12-11-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Engineer
    yes sure, your nozzle is .4 but it doesnt extrude at exactly .4. it will be a little wider. a .4 nozzle usually extrudes at around .45 to .48. if you set you width less than that it can cause problems with layer adhesion, broken infill, solid layers with holes, etc. if you want a wall that is 1mm then you wont have any room for infill there. you will just need to print one inner and outer perimeter. set your extrusion width to .49-.50 and there you go.