hi! my flashforge just died.

single extruder,

power supply has green light.
    but no lcd / board did not beep.

did anyone encounter this.
    what to check / how to fix?

[edit]
    wiring problems. seems ok now.
    Last edited by palawanisland; 12-10-2014 at 05:24 PM.

First thing I would check is if the PS was actually putting out voltage.

found the problem. power connection to board. i hope board is dead.
    looking for replacement parts locally, but no luck.
    will need to know why this happen so that i can prevent it next time.

IMG_0360.jpgIMG_0361.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Something hit your power cord causing it to come loose. That much can be seen from the picture. Once it came loose there's a couple things that may have happened individually or in concert with each other: either the now loose connection began to arc, creating heat and causing the burning you see, or the now loose connection now had a great deal more resistance than it should have again causing heat and leading to that burning. In either case the burning probably softened the surrounding plastic enough that the contacts got pressed into the housing and lost their connection which is why your machine wouldn't turn on. To prevent this in the future make sure nothing is allowed to hit that (or any other) connection and you shouldn't have a problem.

As for replacement parts, don't worry about finding the exact pieces. Get any random 2 pole inline connector (radioshack, etc.) and splice that into the power wires. Then remove the connector from the board and solder the wires directly to it.

hmm.. i guess i made it worse when i tried to fix the connection. damn.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by palawanisland View Post
    hmm.. i guess i made it worse when i tried to fix the connection. damn.
    Not necessarily, you would be amazed at how much punishment these boards can take.. and looking at your picture, the capacitor that is directly behind that terminal, that is most likely connected to it, is not popped or burnt out - the pole connector is.

As soofle said, the exact type is not necessary but in your case if you can afford it, for the hassle of replacing the pole plugs, really.. for $80 odd dollars you can buy a replacement board, or even switch to a RAMPS.. a very inexpensive swap.

I turned my Flashforge into a RAMPS version for several months while I was trying to source a new board myself, it was a learning process but nothing google and youtube can't teach you.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com