Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I don't do that much printing myself but I know a lot of people that print 1kg every day or two (crazy imo) and for them this would be awesome but for anyone who just throws their scrap in a box and when it weighs X you can send it in for Y. Now, the tricky parts comes with shipping costs to you and shipping costs from you and that may negate any advantages that would have otherwise.
    This is going to be the biggest hurdle regardless of locations but especially if we're talking about a UK based company and US based customers. Within the same country/continent it may not be too bad though because the raw material is essentially being "purchased" by the recycler for the cost of shipping which potentially lowers material cost. I have no idea how the math works out but the idea of sending in 2 spools worth of waste and getting 1 spool of recycled material seems like a good place to start the calculations. Seems like everyone could potentially win in that scenario.

@objectform
    To answer your previous question, in the absence of a US distributor it's very unlikely that I would end up purchasing your product only because the shipping costs from overseas would very likely price you out of the market. However, as an individual who's always looking for something that I could do on the side to bring in a little extra cash if you're looking for a (small) US distributor, I'm listening

Recently, English company ObjectForm was recognized by the UK Plastics Industry for its 100% recycled filament line, Fila-Cycle. Now Fila-Cycle is expanding with a Kickstarter campaign, which aims to raise £15,000 ($23,133) to launch six new varieties of recycled filament. Read more and back the campaign at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/104086/fila-cycle-kickstarter/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    good price - I guess my main concern would be how good unadulterated filament would be.

I know the stuff I use has been furtled with to make it better than unfurtled with raw pet or pla.

But £19 for a kg of pet - delivered, is pretty good.

But is the filament any good ?

And I'm in the 'life's too short to give a damn about recycling, I'll be long dead before it matters' camp. And no I don't owe future generations a damn thing.
    Now give me an immotality serum and I'll start caring :-)
    Hell guarentee I'll have decent health for a mere 200 years and I'd start caring.
    But current projected lifespan is just too short to waste energy on a future I'll never see.

So I'd be buying purely on price and quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12