I'll be starting my build of a MakerFarm i3v 10" tonight. I'm very excited about it! I've always liked to tinker with stuff and I have a good bit of experience with wood working and general DIY but this will be my most ambitious electronic build. I found, as I did my research that led to purchasing this kit, that the most useful forum posts were the ones where a build was documented from beginning to end. So I'm going to try to do the same, maybe this will help out the next person. BTW, thanks to all the generous posters here who share their wealth of knowledge, I am far better informed than I ever would be because of all of you.

I ordered my kit on December 2nd.I opted for the standard 0.5mm J head for the 3mm filament. I ordered a roll of PLA to start with. Attached are some pics from when I unpacked. Everything was well packed and padded, in addition to the styrofoam peanuts, everything was wrapped in bubble wrap. A quick inspection showed everything was intact and in place. One reason I went with MakerFarm was the reports I'd read with horrifying pics of crushed boxes, missing pieces and broken stuff. Everything looked great so far!

Daniel

[IMG][/IMG]