Close

First print - printer pausing repeatedly

First off, this is my first post! I just finished assembling and leveling my new Prusa i3v 10".

I'm in the middle of printing the test cube, and the printer keeps stopping for a few seconds at a time, sometimes jerking a little here and there while stopped. Then it will go just fine for a bit.

I'm printing from Pronterface on a Macbook Air. Any thoughts?

Engineer
    Can you post a video of what's going on?

Welcome to the board.
    Does it restart by itself or do you have the restart? What slicer are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Can you post a video of what's going on?
    I will try to capture one if it happens again. I suspect it might have been my Macbook Air's limited memory? I was browsing the web while Pronterface was running (I was running the print from Pronterface rather than the SD card).

It stopped doing it once I left the Macbook Air alone. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the board.
    Does it restart by itself or do you have the restart? What slicer are you using?
    It restarts by itself. I was using the Makerfarm-provided Slic3r and config file.

Senior Engineer
    It is quite normal to do this if you print over the USB. Use the SD card to print at least until you are sure of the setup you have.

csader you figured it out yourself already
    It stopped doing it once I left the Macbook Air alone. Weird.
    Means you don't have enough machine to do it all while printing. The serial communication can be intense so any type of system lag induced will cause a pause.