Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RepRapper Tech has perfectly coiled filament now!

As the popularity of 3d printing keeps growing around the world, 3d printer makers and filament manufacturers are all making great effort to enhance their products so as to satisfy the needs of this expanding market. And RepRapper Tech, a filament manufacturer, is no exception.

RepRapper notices that improvement of our current filament is quite important as we want our customers to have smooth 3d printing. We have done a lot of research concerning currently used filament and found that tangled filament (crossed coils within a spool) is an issue people would come across from time to time. Some users complain that tangles (knots) are caused during the manufacturing process as the filament is not coiled well. Therefore, we decided to solve this issue by improving the coiling technique. After months of effort, we did it. We can now wind the filament to give it a perfect look (see http://www.reprappertech.com/blog/Ne...iled_filament/). What’s more important, this newly coiled filament is able to prevent potential cross tangle issue. This new designed filament is available for order from now on!

We believe this new coiled filament can offer better printing experience for you as there is no need to worry about tangle issue any more.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Have to admit, I've had no problems with your filament.
    What I've used so far has been pretty good stuff :-)
    But any improvements are always welcome.

Engineer
    Got to admit the quality was very nice when I tried the ABS white spool. I was expecting crap quality coming from China. At least, this is another level compared to the one provided by 3D world supply ABS.

Engineer
    i have used quite a bit of reprapper stuff in the past. was prob about a year ago was the last time. surprisingly enough it always printed well...when i got a good roll but there were the occasional abs rolls that were brittle and broken like spaghetti on the spool. it was just inconsistent at the time. 2 good rolls, one bad..and so on. that however was a long time ago and im sure those issues are worked out by now. reprapper and esun seem to be the biggest or atleast most common filament manufacturers in china.

@curious aardvark
    Thanks very much for your recognition. In fact we know we are not perfect, but we will continuously improve our products to service customers better. Sometimes we seek room for improvement from internal practice, sometimes from our customer's feedback. We do value reviews of our customers as they know exactly how our filament works. In the future we will continue to innovate to keep up pace with the changing market.

@richardphat
    Thanks for your comment. We can achieve such improvement because of feedback from customers, fierce competition within the industry, stress from fast speed of 3d industry development, etc. And we are really grateful for people who always support and trust us.

@jimc
    Thank you for using Reprapper filament and also sorry for the occasional broken issue happened before. Reprapper has made great improvement to the filament over the year. There will be no brittle or broken issue any more. Maybe you can leave me your address and we can send you an improved spool for a test.

Hope this better looking filament can solve real problems.

@Erica6s

Yes, this better looking filament can prevent tangle issue effectively. You can have a try if you wonder how it works.

Follow rvanwaes On Twitter
    I haven't tried the RepRapper filament yet, but have run into some issues with tangling recently. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Good prices too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast