Close

ATSmake Mars 3D Printer

China-based ATSmake is bringing 3D printing to China, and their plans seem to really be taking off lately. Just a few months ago, they introduced their 'Make' 3D printer, which relied on stereolithography technology. And now, ATSmake has announced their latest: their 'Mars' 3D printer utilizes FFF technology and features a stainless steel shell and touchscreen controls. The company is setting itself up in the Chinese market, and is already the country's largest consumer level 3D printer manufacturer; their expansion plans have also included partnerships with international companies, showcasing their broadening reach. Check out more about ATSmake and their new Mars 3D printer: http://3dprint.com/28634/atsmake-mars-3d-printer/

Below is a photo of the Mars, including some of the machine's specs. Let us know if you have purchased or tested this new printer out!

Although China has a population of over 1.3 billion people, they are lagging behind a bit when it comes to the development of 3D printers.
    LOL. Wishful thinking.
    http://imgur.com/a/tunJP

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    HI Brian,

I actually was in the process of becoming a distributor for ATS Make, but I found them to be very inconsistent with their pricing. They were quoting me retail pricing for bulk orders, then telling me they could give me a 'special deal' then the special deal ended up being more expensive, so for a joke I increased my order 10 fold, and they still gave me very inconsistent pricing - for the same products. One day it was X amount.. the next day it was Y amount.. then it was X again...

Basically, after 8 weeks, I decided that I could not overcome both the difficulties in communication, the price inconsistency and also the lack of care factor for a legitimate order of several dozen machines, lead me to basically give up on them - a very similar experience to Reprap.cn, and another reason I basically bowed out of the printer selling game. Even their machines are expensive in comparison to alternate clones.
    Last edited by Geoff; 12-05-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Basically, after 8 weeks, I decided that I could not overcome both the difficulties in communication, the price inconsistency and also the lack of care factor for a legitimate order of several dozen machines, lead me to basically give up on them - a very similar experience to Reprap.cn.
    There is absolutely tons of this here. The people doing sales in these companies are nearly always English majors with no sales experience, very little knowledge outside of English in general since it is such a difficult language for Chinese to learn. There are also cultural differences too huge to get into.

While great at a lot of things, Chinese are simply lousy at overseas sales, marketing and support- and there is absolutely nothing on the horizon that shows this will change anytime soon. Yes- they do sell massive quantities of goods overseas but the process is incredibly labor intensive and inefficient (which they are ok with because their time is cheap- even if yours is not). Afinia and Dremel have been able to capitalize on this- heck every major toll manufactures capitalizes on the inability of China to market the products they manufacture. So even though Chinese printers are overtaking Western ones (sorry I use both) there’s still quite a lot of opportunity. Well, that is if you are very, very patient...