Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Are you getting clicking yet from the feed on your extruder? If not, you can probably try lower. I would for sure. 5 degrees at a time. If it starts clicking, stop the print and raise it up. I'm not saying this will fix that particular file, just saying what I would try on a finicky filament.
    Alright I will give that a shot tonight. I have not had any problems with this company's filament (Hatchbox) out of like 5 roll's I have bought, they have all been great. But no clicking yet so Ill try

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what program are you using to print - and do you have active cooling aimed at the print area ?

I find that makerware produces that kind of sag due to the way it slices. But with active cooling it's almost entirely removed.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I have had a black ABS that acts very similar to that, so yes it can certainly be the filament. Until you have a few types to test with it can be a bit of a challenge but just keep persisting, changing temperatures, make sure your machine is calibrated by printing out as many calibration tests as you can find on thingiverse (there is thousands) just try alot of different models, use rafts, dont use them... once you have exhausted 90% of the options and you get the same result with that filament... then yep, it's possible it's just a crap roll, and this does happen...

Over the past few years I would probably say maybe 1 in every 20 rolls I buy is not all that fantastic, and even from the same suppliers they can vary greatly, even when you repeat an order for the same plastic. If it did not come vacuum sealed in a bag, you have no way of knowing how long it sat dormant absorbing moisture.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I have had a black ABS that acts very similar to that, so yes it can certainly be the filament. Until you have a few types to test with it can be a bit of a challenge but just keep persisting, changing temperatures, make sure your machine is calibrated by printing out as many calibration tests as you can find on thingiverse (there is thousands) just try alot of different models, use rafts, dont use them... once you have exhausted 90% of the options and you get the same result with that filament... then yep, it's possible it's just a crap roll, and this does happen...

Over the past few years I would probably say maybe 1 in every 20 rolls I buy is not all that fantastic, and even from the same suppliers they can vary greatly, even when you repeat an order for the same plastic. If it did not come vacuum sealed in a bag, you have no way of knowing how long it sat dormant absorbing moisture.
    Still experimenting with that green. But now I seem to have another issue, I'm hoping you have came across. Not sure if it's really "warping" but, more taking my files and printing them diagonally. They look fine in the print preview, and it can't be all 3 file's are messed up. Here is a photo. IMAG0771.jpg . None of these should have any diagonal build to them, they should have all built straight up. Testing another piece now, but I can already see it printing up diagonally. driving me crazy! lol

Also all the roll's I have bought sofar came vacuum sealed with silicon inside.

Edit: Here is that test piece, compared to the exact same print earlier, same material/settings. IMAG0772.jpgIMAG0774.jpg. Have tried with Makerware and Slic3r.

Edit2: I'm printing this thing on the right extruder, it doesnt seem to be happening. Maybe I have a problem with the left one? That snowflake that it did that on, was on the right one. So now I'm even more confused.

Edit3: Tried another snowflake, right extruder, same white material. Diagonal =/ IMAG0778.jpg.

Edit4: Sorry about all the edits!
    Last edited by Bassna; 12-05-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Finally got a good print on the Bauble with PLA. What it took was printing top and bottom half at the same time (along with the lowest temp settings that this particular PLA would extrude well with, unheated bed, painter's tape) to give each part more time to cool before the extruder got to them for the next layer.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Still experimenting with that green. But now I seem to have another issue, I'm hoping you have came across. Not sure if it's really "warping" but, more taking my files and printing them diagonally. They look fine in the print preview, and it can't be all 3 file's are messed up. Here is a photo. IMAG0771.jpg . None of these should have any diagonal build to them, they should have all built straight up. Testing another piece now, but I can already see it printing up diagonally. driving me crazy! lol

Also all the roll's I have bought sofar came vacuum sealed with silicon inside.

Edit: Here is that test piece, compared to the exact same print earlier, same material/settings. IMAG0772.jpgIMAG0774.jpg. Have tried with Makerware and Slic3r.

Edit2: I'm printing this thing on the right extruder, it doesnt seem to be happening. Maybe I have a problem with the left one? That snowflake that it did that on, was on the right one. So now I'm even more confused.

Edit3: Tried another snowflake, right extruder, same white material. Diagonal =/ IMAG0778.jpg.

Edit4: Sorry about all the edits!
    oooer.. the snowflake looks like one of your belts is actually quite loose, or it is slipping.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Yeah - I've never had anything like that.
    I like the christmas tree bauble though. Might make some in the flourescent yellow :-) Now that stuff practically glows.

I just printed the ornament with our Cube 3. It came out great in white PLA. Threads screw together and there is no apparent sagging. Before you ask, it is printed with all factory settings as the machine runs on Cubify, their proprietary program. When I get a chance, maybe I will try with the Prusa or Kossel to see how it comes out?

IMG_4712.jpg IMG_4713.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnA136; 12-09-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add pics

Engineer
    After a lot of trial and error, It ended up me switching out my tape fixed the weird diagonal issue. As for the sagging at the bottom of the print's, opening my front panel seemed to fix that. Also I have mainly switched to using Slic3r. Using the Z-Lift option at 0.3 has also helped me a great amount on my print's, although I think it may take a little longer time-wise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12