Close

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    I have been thinking of adding code to merlin to move Y and pulse an output pin at a settable Z interval like every 1mm for clean timelapses what do you guys think..

Ramps 1.4 has servo headers servo 1 is also tied to D11 I think not check in a long time . All output pins from the avr are 5v that's why it's best to use mosfet and stuff rated for use with logic voltage..at 5v you can get away without but at 3.3 or 1.8v you must them or switchthem off high rail using a darlington pair
    If you want a custom fan expansion board just ask
    Side note testing halleffect endstop modied with 10 turn pot and ref vreg and filtering works amazing so far and you can hide it 1/4 turn = .008mm Z
    Last edited by TechMasterJoe; 12-03-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Student
    Thanks TechMasterJoe. So to connect the servo all I need do is run a 5v/GND pair from any source (e.g. the ramps 5v pin or a 5v wart if the servo draws too much power, assuring a common GND inthe latter case) and simply connect the D11 signal from the ramps (or fan adapter) to the servo. Easy. The fan needs some type of transistor; the Geetech looks like it has a dual power mosfet on it to do the job, but it would also be a simple matter to breadboard up a mosfet and a couple resistors for the job. One thing I noticed about the Geetech was that there isn't any diode to handle the negative spike voltage from the fan when is switched off. Should there be?

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    You can see the home/autolevel/priming sequence starting at 06:30. I'm using Roxy's enhanced G29 code.

Here's the startup sequence:

• Heat the bed
    • Print

Do you mind sharing all of that code. I'm using Roxy's Enhanced 29 too but I'd like to try the "parks" and "wipes", etc.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Quote Originally Posted by TechMasterJoe View Post
    I have a McFadden-dale hardware less then 300 yards from my front door so I don't really need a kit anyone that's been to one knows just how much that place rocks. Tack that on to the fact McMaster Carr's warehouse is 1.4 miles away from my shop. I'm set I can get anything fast. If you need any special part's made for a design pm me I own a machine shop both a real shop and one at home with 26 cnc's in all.

After I get the 12" i3v I might ask Colin if he wants to make a metal ver or if he is OK with me selling a metal frame upgrade I got a OMAX 80X water jet that I don't really use much

I will be producing hotends a little bit like the hexagon with electropolished nozzles soon..running small batch at my costs I think, I can make them for under 20$ my cost so a retail around 30$ complete.
    I plan on making the nozzle and the heat break one solid piece of stainless steel and including 4 of them in 3 sizes (.3 for 1.75, .4 for 1.75, .4 for 3.0, .5 for 3.0) by making it a single piece the hotend will work with both 1.75 and 3.0 by just changing the heat brake/nozzle
    I don't mean to take the thread off topic, but I just placed an order for my 12" i3v last week and would definitely be interested in a metal/acrylic frame upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by bobe99 View Post
    Nice design!

I was wondering on the physical connection and whatever Marlin changes are necessary.

In Marlin, my guess is that we need change MOTHERBOARD from 33 to 34.

That translates to the following physical connections on the Ramps 1.4 board:

• D10 = Hot End #0 (12v)
    • D09 = Hot End #1 (12v)
    • D08 = Heated Bed (12v)
    • D11 = Servo (5v)
    • D04 = PLA Fan (12v)

My questions (assuming the above is correct):
    1. What Fan Expander are you using? I see one from Makerfarm which states it exposes D4/D5 and one from Geetech which exposes D6/D11.
    2. Regardless, how is the servo connected? The Geetech usurps all of the servo pins and only directly (via pin headers) exposes the 4 fan pins (D4/D5 or D6/D11) and 2 pins for an external voltage source. I cannot find any info on the Makerfarm version (other than the description supplied on the Markerfarm website), but the Geetech has schematics that clearly show a common MOSFET gate voltage. So my question is how does this thing power both the 5v servo and the 12v fan though either of these gizmos? I mean, how does either of these adapters handle both a 5v servo and 12v fan?
    3. Can you supply all of the Marlin changes you have made? E.G. Any changes in pins.h? Any changes to support the belt systems?

I'm really skeptical of the Makerfarm fan expander (just due to the lack of documentation, no photo of the other side of the board and the off-hand comment implying it does not provide a buffer between the ramps and fans).
    Yes. The connections are all correct. I'm using the MakerFarm fan extender, which is manufactured by RepRapDiscount. It has a dual buffer driver and a jumper to provide 12v power. It has two fan channels, on D4 and D5, but it covers all four servo pins. I soldered a header with three pins to the D11 pins on the top of the fan extender, and that's where I plug in the servo. The only connections on the board are D4/D5, so the other two are available--just covered. It would be awesome of they used a wire wrap socket so the pins extended out the top for this purpose.

I didn't make any changes to the firmware. I can check my local repo and provide my config files later tonight. I'll also upload my custom GCODE. I don't have access to that machine right now.

Here's a link to the RRD fan extender, which I believe is the one MakerFarm sells: http://www.reprapdiscount.com/electr...-extender.html

I have all the parts for the hardware kits ordered and in transit. Hopefully, I'll be ready to ship later this month.

Of course, US customs clearance can be sketchy this time of year.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Thanks for this design 'clough42.' This has changed my life as much as autoleveling did. Let me tell you, if you've never printed dissolving support, it's the "BOMB." Wow.

I print small and complex parts frequently and spend hours digging out support material and using a dremel to clean them up. I even ordered this tiny hobby sander that has a sanding foot that's 15mm square and uses adhesive sandpaper pads to sand support imperfections down in skinny places. I just printed a test that had a long overhang of a plane that was 3mm from the one below it. It would have been really hard to dig that support material out. I dissolved it out in a cup of hot water in about 30 minutes.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Technologist
    you guys are ok with soldering i can remake the board to supply both 2 servos and 2 fans
    i will take care of the SMD soldering and include wire-wrap and reg headers..
    just an offer
    i must tell you that i order PCB's from OSHpark so they are a deep purple PCB..
    they make amazing PCB's for low cost compared to all the others.

i don't know what filament you guys use but i been using
    toybuilders prototype supply stuff and been very happy. print so clean (get it on amazon)
    i store my filament under 15-20in of vacuum
    for moisture free filament. and no i have never had a problem with a new roll
    but old rolls after sitting awhile pop a lot tell i put them under a vacuum overnight

so if anyone wants a dual fan + dual servo board with beefier mosfet drivers for fans and servo power switching (no power no twitch it bugs me) reply with a yes

Engineer
    Hmm, that RRD fan extender seems to be plugged into the same pins I use to run my RAMPS fan. How many pins I'm currently using are going to be eaten up by this thing?

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast