Close

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    fired up the C42IBD. Loaded up filament and went through the adjustments. Took me a few tries to get used to dual extruders in slicer but figured it out. Extruders, Hex hotends and everything worked very well. Happy. going to bed.

you know what i use my dual for the most...

printing with another filament so that i don't have to change it out :-P

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    you know what i use my dual for the most...

printing with another filament so that i don't have to change it out :-P
    Nice. Lazy and awesome. Gotta admire that. How are you selecting the second extruder for a single material print?

Using S3D, I just choose T1 as the tool to use, instead of T0

Technician
    Anyone using the NEMA 17 version know how long a motor you can get away with? I have a stack of 47mm long body NEMA 17s and it looks like the MakerFarm ones from the printer kit are 45mm that I could probably switch out. Would either of these work with RobH's modified extruder body or should I grab some of the NEMA 14s that clough42 lists? I have vague memories of reading somewhere that 40mm may be the limit, but confirmation would be nice.

Regarding the flexible filament, I took sreid55's suggestion to print the 3mm body and bore it out for a 4mmOD/2mmID PTFE tube. I won't lie, there may have been some cursing and throwing of stuff while trying to get the tube rammed through the channel, but I finally got worked through once I stuck in some ABS filament bolster the tubing.
    Since then, I haven't done anything large, but my small test prints using PolyFlex and ABS have turned out well.

I'm still getting some dribbling to the side, and the filament develops a pretty significant dent at the pinch between the hobbed bolt and idler. It printed just fine despite the dent.

Quote Originally Posted by debovine View Post
    Regarding the flexible filament, I took sreid55's suggestion to print the 3mm body and bore it out for a 4mmOD/2mmID PTFE tube. I won't lie, there may have been some cursing and throwing of stuff while trying to get the tube rammed through the channel, but I finally got worked through once I stuck in some ABS filament bolster the tubing.
    Since then, I haven't done anything large, but my small test prints using PolyFlex and ABS have turned out well.

I'm still getting some dribbling to the side, and the filament develops a pretty significant dent at the pinch between the hobbed bolt and idler. It printed just fine despite the dent.
    Yeah...The long, curved filament path is tough for flexible filament, and the strong clamp force is tuned for harder filament.

I'm working on it. Stay tuned.

Oh, none of that was a complaint, I've been nothing but happy with the Itty Bitty Double. Even as-is, the flexy stuff is printing really well, I just wanted to provide data.

Keep up the excellent work, Sir!

Your new biggest fan =D

oh just wait till you see whats next :-)

I second that!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    oh just wait till you see whats next :-)

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast