Close

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSourKraut View Post
    Mine is the same way, I have my right hand extruder connected to T0. I think it sees T0 as the primary extruder and places it in the first or left position on the display.
    Interesting. I wired mine with extruder 0 on the left, as viewed from the front, to match the display. I had it wired the other way around at first, but swapped the connectors because it was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    Hello can I order a hardware kit to be shipped to New Zealand?
    I just updated the listing to allow shipping to NZ. I had intended to offer global shipping all along, but apparently the category I chose (Industrial plastics machinery) was excluded from the program. It's now listed as computer/printer spare parts, and offering shipping to NZ.

I also had a query about Bulgaria, and that's now available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Is there any printed part of this extruder that would be damaged by acetone vapor smoothing? I like the shiny red look in the renderings, and I want to try to achieve that look.
    Go for it. And upload pictures. I haven't tried it, but I'm interested because of the added layer adhesion.

The bearing pockets are the only part of the extruder with critical tolerances.

Sorry for all the late replies. My notifications started going to spam around the start of the year.

Student
    Cool thanks. Have ordered the kit. Am really looking forward to getting it up and running. I have a prusa i3v 10"

I found that printing the 3mm version of the body, drilling out the channel with an 11/64" bit makes a perfect fit for a bit of 4mmOD x 2mm ID PTFE tube in the channel.

http://smile.amazon.com/Fluorotherm-...sin=B00KJDK1N4

Still waiting for a few more parts to finish this up, but it looks promising.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Sorry for all the late replies. My notifications started going to spam around the start of the year.
    Mine did too, I actually had to create a filter in gmail, to get it to stop sending 3dprintboard notifications to spam

Has anyone had issues with their hexagon hot ends being different lengths? I ordered two new ones from Makerfarm, and they are ~0.5mm diffferent in length from end to end. There also seems to be a slightly updated design from before. (see this other thread on the topic: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...4357#post44357 )

This difference in lengths could pose a problem for us since there isn't any way to level the hexagons. Clough42, did you see anything like this when you were getting yours set up?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    Hey everyone,
    I'm having some trouble with getting the servo to respond. My setup is as follows: RRD fan extender from makerfarm (D4 and 5 pins?). D5 is set to auto cool when hotends are above 35, which works. M106 command successfully controls the print cool fan, though I'm unable to determine which pin it is defined to (its plugged into lower right corner of fan extender). This leaves me with the option to power my servo from D40. I have found others who did it but altering my pins.h file as they did didn't have any effect. Im running the Marlin firmware with the config.h and configadv.h files from this thread. Anyone have some insight? I'm so close! Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Poindexter; 01-18-2015 at 01:09 AM.

I can tell you this about Pins.h : It isn't 100% correct. The problem is 2 different libraries are used by Marlin. One is the Fast-I/O library and it uses different logical pin numbers than Pins.h I had trouble finding an I/O pin to control my servo when I did the Auto Bed Leveling with a PrintrBoard. I wrote some code to toggle each I/O pin so I could put a volt meter on the desired pin and figure out what the pin # was going to be in Pins.h Arrrgghhhh....

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast