Close

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    From what I've read you can run them really hot and the specs have a maximum running temp of over 93C, which I found interesting. But that's super hot. I think by default, most people are probably pushing them too hard by using the recommend 1/4 pot setting. I think you'll be OK with that tweak.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Readjusted all motors to min running + 1/6th turn. It is much quieter and the shimmed exturder mount is holding tension as it prints the proto3.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Readjusted all motors to min running + 1/6th turn. It is much quieter and the shimmed exturder mount is holding tension as it prints the proto3.
    Good to hear. Tell me more about the "shim" you used. Do I need to modify the model?

Off topic: like your new Avatar. Love the vaporized air compression. We had the Blue Angels here in Baltimore this year for the 1814 celebration and out of many good ones I got this one.
    Sailibration2014_061.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bambu P1S/AMS

The shim is temporary teflon disc between the motor and frame. Your proto 3 looks like a winner.

Back in the day 1984-1989 I worked flight line flight test for all 101 B1-B's at USAF plant 42 it was like an airshow everyday. We had B1 SR71 F117 B2 and lots of different chase planes.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Sorry forum members, I know we are off topic and we'll move it if we can't sit on our hands after this.

Wow, how incredibly cool is that? I'm impressed, truly...

I've been a massive "space" geek since I could talk. If my parents had been more plugged in and had noticed my inclinations I probably would have tried to get as close to becoming an astronaut as would have been possible. I have to live vicariously through your "good 'ole days." My best claim to fame though is that I got to spend 5 hours with Buzz Aldrin in the mid-90's. I was an advertising photographer and he was a spokes person for Ellesse footwear, which was my account. We had him alone all day in the studio: what a nice man he was. Prior to that if you had asked me who my hero was I would have said, "two: Neil and Buzz." Well, how often do you get to spend time with your all time hero?
    Buzz.jpg
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Rob thats awesome. Yes we are getting off topic maybe start a thread for us Makerfarm peeps. Whats Your Occupation.

After B1 I worked Rocketdyne for the Delta Atlas and SSME now watching a hot fire (On the hill) from the block house is an experience not many get.

On a side note LOL. The extruder after 1 hour is just above room temp and printing like a dream.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Excellent on all sides: 1) the photos above and 2) that the arms aren't warping now.

BTW, I've created a new thread so we can continue the "occupation" discussion and get it away from here as you requested. Good idea. Sorry users, thanks for tolerating the past few threads.

Makerfarm Users Occupation Bragging Thread...
    Last edited by RobH2; 12-14-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Got the proto3 printed and assembled very robust one issue the stepper center hole need to be oblonged for belt adjustment..

Thanks for the tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    This is not the prettiest model but it might do the trick. If so, I'll make it nicer later. I know it's a long print but if you think this will do it give it a go.

It must warp a alot because the best part about 'clough42' using belts is that they don't skip unless they get really loose. Are you pushing too many amps through the motors maybe? Mine don't run very hot.

Attachment 3972

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast