Close

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Thanks! Sniffle.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    Then answer is no, both have to be either 1.75 or 3mm.

There are only 1 set numbers in marlin to control the feed rate of both extruders. Until both extruders can be operated independently they must match
    I am running a 1.75mm and a 3mm on the same IBDE. Using slic3r and setting filament size for each prints fine. There is only one estep but it is the same value for both, correction is done by changing the filament size and leaving the estep alone. The hardest part for me is my 1.75 and 3 mm nozzles are not the same length. So getting it level is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by mwyrick View Post
    I am running a 1.75mm and a 3mm on the same IBDE. Using slic3r and setting filament size for each prints fine. There is only one estep but it is the same value for both, correction is done by changing the filament size and leaving the estep alone. The hardest part for me is my 1.75 and 3 mm nozzles are not the same length. So getting it level is a pain.
    Mwyrick is running a prototype of a mixed block with both filament sizes. This should work as long as you're not using volumetric extrusion. If you're using linear extrusion (the default) Marlin doesn't know the diameter of the filament. Your slicer just needs to know the filament diameters.

If there's interest, I can make the mixed blocks available.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I just wanted to report back. I'm having good results with Ninjaflex with the Itty Bitty. It's recommended that you don't print it faster than 20mm/s and I'm using 15mm/s. The parts are pretty small, around 1" and look pretty nice.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Good info Rob I have a few NinjaFlex parts to print and need to tweek the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    I just wanted to report back. I'm having good results with Ninjaflex with the Itty Bitty. It's recommended that you don't print it faster than 20mm/s and I'm using 15mm/s. The parts are pretty small, around 1" and look pretty nice.

are you printing with 1.75mm or 3mm ninjaflex?

Follow stridera On Twitter
    Could you add to the main post all the extra parts and maybe some places on where to source them?

I ordered an extra hexagon from makerfarm. A couple NEMA 14 stepper motors from pololu, as mentioned earlier, but I'm at a loss of where to find a HXT900 servo. Also, what Z probe snap switch do you use as well? It would make it easier for people just getting started to be able to click links to buy stuff. (I'm not even against you putting referral links so you get paid for your work.)
    Last edited by stridera; 02-16-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stridera View Post
    Could you add to the main post all the extra parts and maybe some places on where to source them?

I ordered an extra hexagon from makerfarm. A couple NEMA 14 stepper motors from pololu, as mentioned earlier, but I'm at a loss of where to find a HXT900 servo. Also, what Z probe snap switch do you use as well? It would make it easier for people just getting started to be able to click links to buy stuff. (I'm not even against you putting referral links so you get paid for your work.)
    I've been making some updates to my web site today to make sure all of that is clear and included in the instructions. The complete list of parts with links is here: http://clough42.com/go/itty-bitty-double-extruder/

If I've missed anything, let me know.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    3mm. Clough's design is for that size.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Follow stridera On Twitter
    Purchased everything and I'll put it together when everything arrives! Thanks for the help. The update is perfect. I wish I had seen the servo when I ordered the part pack to save you having to ship an extra package. Either way, I can't wait to do the dual prints!

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast