Close

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    Using Clough's firmware, adjusted for my 10" bed, calibrated nicely. However, my prints aren't printing in the center of the bed...they seem to be off by about 20mm on the Y axis, and 30mm on the X axis. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by csader View Post
    Using Clough's firmware, adjusted for my 10" bed, calibrated nicely. However, my prints aren't printing in the center of the bed...they seem to be off by about 20mm on the Y axis, and 30mm on the X axis. Any ideas?
    I have noticed the same thing recently. I expected an X offset of either 13.5 or 27mm, depending how it is configured, but the Y offset was a surprise. I haven't spent any time trying to figure it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I have noticed the same thing recently. I expected an X offset of either 13.5 or 27mm, depending how it is configured, but the Y offset was a surprise. I haven't spent any time trying to figure it out yet.

Hmmm...doesn't make sense to me why there would be any X offset if I'm printing with the right (facing the printer) nozzle...that sits pretty close to 0,0 when I home it.

Hmmm...doesn't make sense to me why there would be any X offset if I'm printing with the right (facing the printer) nozzle...that sits pretty close to 0,0 when I home it.
    Is your x endstop triggering during the abl sequence? I think mine is, and I wonder if that's part of the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Is your x endstop triggering during the abl sequence? I think mine is, and I wonder if that's part of the cause.
    I have mine doing a G28, which triggers the X and Y endstops when it homes. Then it does ABL (G29) and doesn't hit the X or Y endstops at all.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Safe Homing? When I do the G28, it homes X and Y, then goes out to what the firmware says is "X_MAX_LENGTH/2".

X_MAX_LENGTH = X_MAX_POS - X_MIN_POS...and I have X_MAX_POS = 245 (roughly 9.65" since my glass sheet is slightly smaller than my 10" bed) and X_MIN_POS = 0.

I should fiddle with those numbers and see if it helps...maybe tomorrow.

I have mine doing a G28, which triggers the X and Y endstops when it homes. Then it does ABL (G29) and doesn't hit the X or Y endstops at all.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Safe Homing? When I do the G28, it homes X and Y, then goes out to what the firmware says is "X_MAX_LENGTH/2".

X_MAX_LENGTH = X_MAX_POS - X_MIN_POS...and I have X_MAX_POS = 245 (roughly 9.65" since my glass sheet is slightly smaller than my 10" bed) and X_MIN_POS = 0.

I should fiddle with those numbers and see if it helps...maybe tomorrow.
    There's also a notion of center in the Slicer. I've also wondered if would work better to have the extruder offsets positive or negative or split the difference.

I probably won't have time to look at it for a while. Too much other stuff going.

Long time no post but the Itty Bitty is still running great. We just added auto retract nozzles to prevent dragging of the inactive head and the results are very positive.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    .... We just added auto retract nozzles ........
    Do tell. Dglass?

Engineer-in-Training
    I ordered up some hardware from Clough this week to make both an itty bitty flex double and a single itty bitty.

Bde.....
    Quote Originally Posted by topjimmycooks View Post
    do tell. Dglass?

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast