I have been using Makerware 2.4 since I have got my printer a few weeks ago. It is pretty simple to use, and I do like that about it. I have only recently pulled out Slic3r, and comparing it to Makerware (the only slicer I have used sofar) it is quite a bit more and quite a bit of the option's I'm not so sure about, mainly because Makerware is a lot different and doesn't give you the option's to change any of these things.

As much as I love how easy Makerware is, I feel like I am missing out on a lot of way's to improve my prints. They usually come out pretty decent, but I am looking for way's to prepare my file better for a better end-result. Also S3D main selling feature that I have noticed is the very customizable support system. Obviously the $140 price tag is the main issue with S3D, but from every review I have read and checked out, they all believe it is worth the price tag.

If slic3r is a better option for me, do you happen to know of a great tutorial about setting it up and the options on it for the FF? I just purchased a digital caliper, but I'm not seeing anywhere to input the avg of the diameter in Makerware also, is that not a option for it? I'm very close to purchasing S3D because of a few review's, but I almost think Slic3r would be a better option to learn. Opinions?