Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    FrankV they sound just the job, I am certainly going to order those, THANK YOU

Engineer
    I was going to order some of this stuff today, went to their website and they are out of stock! My luck lol

Student
    Same here! will be waiting now for them to have it again

MY son has a roll inbound, ordered it from Printedsolid.com, our local Colorlabs distributor. Does anyone think a vibrating tumbler with crushed walnut shells would work for smoothing it out?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    MY son has a roll inbound, ordered it from Printedsolid.com, our local Colorlabs distributor. Does anyone think a vibrating tumbler with crushed walnut shells would work for smoothing it out?
    Not from what I watched, http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...eFill-Filament

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep barnacules pretty much tried eberything and came down on sanding and wire wool.

However they don't easily remove print lines from recessed areas.

So I'm going to try the felt buffing wheel on my rotary tool as the first stage rather than the last.

Here's the latest pic:

The contrast between the raw print ganesh and the polished owls is amazing.

Basically without polishing prints look and feel like they're made from a rough stoneware ceramic.
    Which actually fits the ganesh model probably better than polishing as it's taken from a very old statue.

So you actually get two very different finishes from the one filament.

I printed genesh hollow, so I'm going to stuff him with clay for weight and try the buffing wheel as a first stage treatment.

Ah - that's right. I weighed ganesh.

Bronzefill is 2.74 times denser than pla.

So to work out how much you're going to use for a particular print just multiply the grams the slicer it gives you by 2.74.
    Or use that to add filament density to the slicer's settings.

Bear in mind a roll of bronzefill weighs 750gms. Sounds good - till you work out the length.
    You only get the same length of filament as you'd get with 273 grams of pla.
    ie: just over a quarter roll.

Use sparingly and make hollow figures wherever possible.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yep barnacules pretty much tried eberything and came down on sanding and wire wool.

However they don't easily remove print lines from recessed areas.

So I'm going to try the felt buffing wheel on my rotary tool as the first stage rather than the last.

Here's the latest pic:

The contrast between the raw print ganesh and the polished owls is amazing.

Basically without polishing prints look and feel like they're made from a rough stoneware ceramic.
    Which actually fits the ganesh model probably better than polishing as it's taken from a very old statue.

So you actually get two very different finishes from the one filament.

I printed genesh hollow, so I'm going to stuff him with clay for weight and try the buffing wheel as a first stage treatment.

Ah - that's right. I weighed ganesh.

Bronzefill is 2.74 times denser than pla.

So to work out how much you're going to use for a particular print just multiply the grams the slicer it gives you by 2.74.
    Or use that to add filament density to the slicer's settings.

Bear in mind a roll of bronzefill weighs 750gms. Sounds good - till you work out the length.
    You only get the same length of filament as you'd get with 273 grams of pla.
    ie: just over a quarter roll.

Use sparingly and make hollow figures wherever possible.
    Thanks for all the info. And yeah, hopefully the price goes down some on that filament. Not even sure if anyone else make's it yet.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    no nobody else is making it. Although when they look at what it's selling for and that it's selling like hot cakes in the arctic - I suspect similiar filaments are definitely in development at avariety of companies.

So the actual cost in real terms - ie: how much stuff you can print with a roll.

Is.........(drumroll please) 12x more expensive than decent pla !!!!!!!!!

Wow.
    to put this into perspective, ninjaflex is only about 5-6x more expensive than basic pla.

I wonder how much 3d printing bureaus charge for printing with metal powder ?
    Okay it's not got the whole 'I printed this myself' vibe. But it could well be a cheaper option.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-29-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12