Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

Got some Bronzefill :-)

So I got aroll of this stuff for my birthday.

read up on it and it's pretty easy to print with. 200c, cold bed. Zero warp.

My first print is a honda logo as the guy I'm doing a christmas exchange with this year has a honda goldwing. What better little doodad than the polished bronze keyring.

36% and looking good.

So I have now had to add to my collection of stuff for 3d printing: steelwool for polishing, sanding paper/cloth (got paper up here but there's loads of different grit cloth in my wood working shed) also added some copper metal polish.

My plan is to print it. Take rough edge off with a quick sand, then polish with different grades of steel wool. Then use the polish and finally buff with my rotary tool and a buffing pad.

More shortly :-)

Right first bronzefill item finished.

This is the initial finished print. The raw print has the look and feel of rough stoneware ceramic.

And a couple after sanding, wirewooling, polishing and buffing.

It does look and feel like bronze. The lighting in here at night is bit crap for photos. I'll take another pic tomorrow in sunlight :-)
    The buffing wheel rounded the edges and gave it an aged look. Love the way the honda came out.
    Have to say I'm seriously impressed.

Prints easy, looks and feels like metal.
    Nobody would ever guess it had been printed.

Cool beans !

Right I'm going to try the cuddling owls in a small size next.

Got to say this stuff is expensive (well it is if it's not your birthday lol) but based on just this one print - it's definitely worth it :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-25-2014 at 04:13 PM.