Close

Marlin, Preheat can't be changed?

Hi, I'm struggling to change my PLA preheat values from 190 to 200 and bed from 70 to 35.

I change them in config.h file and upload successfully, but still it's default value when I try to preheat.

Heres my config:

http://pastebin.com/ETztED9K

Code:
    // Preheat Constants
    #define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 200
    #define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 35
    #define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255   // Insert Value between 0 and 255

Technician
    Remove the # sign in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarking11 View Post
    Remove the # sign in front of them.
    I think your mixing // and #. // is comments, and should be removed. If I remove # I get a compile error.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    You have EEPROM_SETTINGS enabled in your configuration.h, and according to the configurationStore.cpp file, the preheat parameters are some of the variables stored in EEPROM. I believe EEPROM settings take precedent over firmware settings, so what's likely happening is *old* settings in EEPROM are taking precedent over what you're trying to change in a firmware update.

One way to work around this would be to go to Control/Temperature on the LCD and then scroll down to PLA PREHEAT CONF. Set the preheat values how you want them, and then scroll back up and perform another store memory to update the EEPROM settings.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-21-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Ah, that makes sense. thanks!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I haven't tried it, but some research this morning indicated the way to update all the EEPROM settings with those from a new firmware build is to send the printer an M502 command followed by an M500 command. M502 loads the processor RAM variables with values from the firmware stored in flash memory, and M500 updates the EEPROM block with data from the variable space. The research confirmed that without doing that, the older settings in EEPROM will continue to be used.

Technician
    At least with Slic3r (not sure about other slicing programs) the gcode will have M190 and M102 code to set bed temp and hotend temp. So if you have 60c for the bed in EEPROM and M190=100c, it will adjust to 100c during the execution of the gcode. At least that's how it works for me. Be sure to set you temps in the slicer to match what you want to print at. Also, if you have custom G code being inserted by your slicer, this can also be different than what you think you are setting since this can be a different setting than what you set in you slicer to generate your gcode. If you notice heating at one temp then suddenly heating or cooling after it hits set temp, look at these items and make sure they match what you want to print at.