Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    Not sure why you would want to use makerware on flashforge printers though.
    Because most designers who first get a printer and are scratching their head, are directed by all flashforge documentation to get Replicator G... have no idea what your print preview is going to look like, what supports will look like etc and have little understanding of Gcode.. (sure you learn all this along the way but lets say you are fresh) Makerware just works, it's that simple. No frigging around, load the model, press print and it's done. When I started printing and even still to this day, and while it lacks alot of features for me its very much what a printing program should be. Not overfluffed, not laden with technical jargon that most people are yet to understand. My kids won't touch repg, but Makerware they feel completely comfortable using.

Makerware was the first slicing/printing program I used that had a preview function, which I have come heavily to rely on not only for the structure of the print, but the estimated time and plastic usage. I know alot of other software does this, but Cura still for me is not as reliable as makerware for a stock flashforge.

Even if I'm NOT printing in Makerware, I still use it to slice and also to print preview because it is so damn quick. I wouldn't say it's quicker than slic3r but it beats the pants off ReplicatorG... which can take ludicrously long to slice objects. Not going to mention any other software because I would only be speculating.

Now, all of this is completely based on the software and has no relation to Makerbot, which I now consider to be the evil step-son of the printing industry, not the pioneer it once was.
    Last edited by Geoff; 11-17-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    wouldn't personally touch chrome with even a 3d printed bargepole.
    Bloody thing is amazingly prone to virus infection. making me a lot of work at the moment. people don't realise it's not just a web browser.

piece of crap - avoid it !

It's funny, I switched to it from IE about 2 years ago and turned off windows update following a friend's advice who is a programmer and have not had one single problem since........ And it still runs better and faster than most of the other computers I have access to..... Including newer and supposedly faster machine running newer Operating systems...... All I can say is its working

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenmel08 View Post
    All I can say is its working
    But the question you must ask is "who is it working for?".

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - All i know is recently the malware I'm seeing on clients machines has switched from page hijackers and tool bar based malware, back to to proper trojans and viruses, backdoor bots, processor leaching bots etc. Really nasty, hard to shift, stuff.
    And every time the initial ingress has been made with a chrome app.
    Thing is, chrome apps can continue running after chrome has been closed, they have all sorts of permissions and are essentially full on stand alone programs not just browser add-ons.

And it looks like some clever bastard out there has realised this.

It doesn't help that most people use google as their home page and google hassles you to install chrome.

Most people don't even realise they've installed it - or what it's for. But it's on more pc's than not these days.

If I needed more proof that google is the great internat Satan (which i didn't) then this is it !

what was the original question in this thread ? (lol)

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Google Chrome is terrible. For me, it does stupid things like constantly forget its DNS cache, so sites I visit often it can't resolve (grumpy dinosaur) So I need to open another browser (which of course works fine on the site I wanted) then you go back , refresh chrome and oh .. there you go...
    Madness. Madness I tell you.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Senior Engineer
    I think we should bring back the pre-google days altogether when Altavista was your only choice for a search engine, you never got more than 10 hits and it searched for what you wanted instead of what it thought you wanted.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Is there a program that I can be able to stop the print thats being made with a computer hooked in? I just got a camera set up so I can view it from anywhere, but I'm not sure how I could stop it if something was not going right. I have only printed via SD so far, I just tried to install Makerware 2.4 on that computer but it keeps giving me a error, it's a older one I just took out for this.
    I don't know if it will work on a FlashForge, but I use a Raspberry Pi board running OctoPrint to control and view my printer remotely. Here's a topic discussing this for another printer: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...e-your-printer The whole setup I use only cost about $50 bucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12