Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Ok. Ignoring whether the printer worked at some point... There are four small boards plugged onto the RAMPS board. One for each axis and one for the extruder motor. There's an adjustment on each that sets the drive level for the motor. Try searching the web for RAMPS stepper adjustment.

Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse
    hmmm, i've done a full rotation on the z stepper controller, but it seems to make a louder noise, and then when i do the full 360, it goes quite again, still with no luck?

Student
    i better stop with all this noise at 1:15 in the morning, will continue tomorrow

Sounds good. I'm one more beer away from being useless to you anyway. In the morning, go back to the web search and look for instructions on setting the stepper drivers to a voltage level. That way we'll know that the drivers are adjusted properly and we can work to resolve what must be a too-fast speed issue.

EDIT: Section 11.4 in the nextday build manual you linked to talks about how to set up the stepper motor driver voltages. Just make sure you set the meter to DC *voltage*, not DC Current like the text says. And BTW, the wiring diagram in section 9 shows the hot end heater connected to D10 where you moved it to. I'm confused. You've now referenced too sources for the printer - nextday and geeetech. It's hard to help when the definition of what you have for a printer build is unclear. On the LCD display, go back to whatever source you bought it from and ask them how to configure Marlin for it or ask them to provide you a schematic for it so we can figure it out. Without that, we're just guessing at how to make things work.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-15-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Student
    Hiya,

you're not the only confused one. geetech is the seller and the tech support i was getting... but when ever i asked for the build manual they sent me to the nextday page. most of the things on there wernt what i was given or i was given something that wasnt on the manual, i had to go loads of places to find out how to actually build my printer as the instructions were not clear. the geetech told me to download a driver that actually blue screened my laptop... so after that i got in contact with the geeetech people who were going round in circles for almost a year.... i got this printer last christmas.

i'l try my best to clear up what i actually have:

here is the manual they gave me... i was using that board until i realised that they had made it wrong and it wasn't even functional, so i now have a ramps 1.4 board

1.0 Electronics
    Fully assembled Sanguinololu & Soldered with Hot end power & Thermistor attached.
    Sanguinololu Power Cables
    (NO LONGER IN USE)

3x Mechanical Endstops with Completed Wiring I Had to change these over with new one as i had plugged these into 12V i think?
    ©2012 NextDayReprap
    Prusa Mendel Kit Build Manual V1.01 - 07/2012
    1.0 Bill of Materials - Reprap Prusa Mendel Build Manual
    550W ATX PSU
    ATX Power Supply Adaptor
    V2 Heat bed with Surface Mount LEDs/Resistor & Soldered Power Cable (inc Thermistor)
    5 x Nema 17 Stepper Motors with Connectors & Crimps
    ©2012 NextDayReprap
    1. 0 Bill of Materials - Reprap Prusa Mendel Build Manual
    Fully assembled Hot End wired for Power & Thermistor with Mini Fit Molex connectors.
    Mains Power Lead (Kettle Type) & 1M USB 2.0 Cable
    2.0 Rod

6x 370mm A2 Stainless 1.25mm Pitch Threaded Rod - YUP
    3x 440mm BZP 1.25mm Pitch Threaded Rod
    4x 294mm BZP 1.25mm Pitch Threaded
    2x 210mm BZP 1.25mm Pitch Threaded Rod
    2x 50mm BZP 1.25mm Pitch Threaded Rod
    2x 420mm Steel Round Rod
    2x 350mm Steel Round Rod
    1x 19.5mm Steel Round Rod ( Extruder Idler)
    2x 390mm Threaded Rod
    ©2012 NextDayReprap

3.0 Nuts & Bolts

6 x M2 16mm Hex Socket Bolts
    30x M3 10mm Hex Socket Bolts
    15x M3 20mm Hex Socket Bolts
    2x M3 40mm Hex Socket Bolts
    2x M4 50mm Hex Socket Bolts
    2x M4 45mm Hex Head Bolts
    4x M4 40mm Countersunk Hex Socket Bolts
    6x M8 30mm Fender/Penny Washers
    6x M2 Nuts
    28x M3 Nuts
    8x M4 Nuts
    86x M8 Nuts
    2x M3 Nylock Nuts
    1x M8 Nylock Nuts
    12x M2 Washers
    56x M3 Washers
    16x M4 Washers
    88x M8 Washers
    1x Hobbed Bolt
    1x M3 10mm Grub Screw (Extruder Small Gear)
    ©2012 NextDayReprap
    4.0 Bearings & Pulleys & Couplings
    12x LM8UU Bearings (1 Spare) (Some may have been pre fitted to the printed parts) (which they were)
    9 x 608ZZ Bearings (1 Spare)
    2x 12 tooth T5 XL Aluminum Pulleys
    2x Rigid Z Axis Couplings
    ©2012 NextDayReprap (see they keep mentioning this)
    5.0 Springs
    4 x Heat Bed Springs
    2x Z Axis Springs
    2x Extruder Springs
    6.0 Timing Belts
    2x 1M Brecoflex 6mm T5 Belt
    ©2012 NextDayReprap
    7.0 Build Plate
    Laser Cut Aluminum Build Bed
    4x 51mm Bull Dog Clips (didn't include these, had to buy them my self)
    225cm x 225cm Build Plate Mirror
    ©2012 NextDayReprap (and again)
    8.0 Printed Parts
    4x Bar Clamps
    2 x Rod Clamps
    4 x Belt Clamps
    3 x Endstop Holder
    4 x LM8UU Bearing Pillows
    ©2012 NextDayReprap

1 x Extruder
    1 x Extruder Idler
    1x Extruder Large Gear
    1x Extruder Small Gear
    1x X Carriage
    2 x Frame Vertex
    4x Frame Vertex with Foot
    ©2012 NextDayReprap
    8x Bar Clamp
    1 x X Motor Mount
    1 x X Idler
    1x Y Motor Mount
    ©2012 NextDayReprap
    2x Z Motor Mount
    2 x y-tensioner
    2x Belt clamp nut holder

hopefully that has cleared some stuff up? you can down load the pdf i got from : http://www.geeetech.com/Documents/Re...0Optimized.rar

Student
    Also for the LCD in the config i can see there is a list of different LCD models and i click on all to see which one i had and it was the one i had selected before,

on another note, would you recommend me getting a different LCD? or something to help us out here?

Quote Originally Posted by jakers181008 View Post
    Also for the LCD in the config i can see there is a list of different LCD models and i click on all to see which one i had and it was the one i had selected before,

on another note, would you recommend me getting a different LCD? or something to help us out here?
    This won't be a popular post with many... But you can go on eBay and buy an old, obsolete laptop for $20. You get way better control of what is going on with a laptop running PronterFace than an LCD Panel. I have an old laptop dedicated to running my printer and I use that. I also have it setup with VNC so I can just pull up its screen on an machine I'm using to check on things.

Also for the LCD in the config i can see there is a list of different LCD models and i click on all to see which one i had and it was the one i had selected before
    If I understand this right, in order to get the button click working you had to go back to the G3D_PANEL definition in the configuration.h file. I assume that means the constant tone from the buzzer is back? Please verify whether the left and right rotation of the knob still changes the F/R setting properly (left rotation makes the F/R decrease and right rotation makes the F/R increase). Looking at the pin assignments in pins.h, my guess is the rotation of the knob now doesn't work like it did with the reprap discount selection? If rotation of the knob and the button click is working with the G3D_PANEL selection in configuration.h, try changing the value for BEEPER at line 793 in your pins.h file from 33 to -1. I think (but am unsure) that is the BEEPER pin assignment used when you've specified the G3D_PANEL. Setting BEEPER to -1 should disable it.

My main recommendation would be to add your location to your profile so that it shows up in your posts. Maybe someone near to you would volunteer to meet up and help you out. The problems you're having aren't all that tough to resolve - just tough to resolve over distance, by text, sight unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    This won't be a popular post with many... But you can go on eBay and buy an old, obsolete laptop for $20. You get way better control of what is going on with a laptop running PronterFace than an LCD Panel. I have an old laptop dedicated to running my printer and I use that. I also have it setup with VNC so I can just pull up its screen on an machine I'm using to check on things.
    FWIW, I agree. I was hoping we could put off the pin assignment issues with the smart panel until the rest of the printer is working. Roxy - do you know of a Prusa I2 owner who might be able to help with his mechanical setup?
    Last edited by printbus; 11-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.

I don't know any i2 people. But wouldn't all the pins be the same between an i2 and i3 on a RAMP's board? All the same stuff is there and my guess is it would be connected the same way???

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast