Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse

Red face Prusa mendel I2 Pronter face Marlin error

Hello people,

I have a prusa mendel I2 printer with a ramps 1.4 board, with one extruda and one heat bed and a Ramps GADGETS3D Sheild. Marlin firmware

My issue is when i connect up my printer to pronterface with it plugged into power and usb, it comes up with this on the side console:

Connecting...
    start
    Printer is now online.
    echo: External Reset
    Marlin1.0.0
    echo: Last Updated: Nov 11 2014 20:33:05 | Author: (none, default config)
    Compiled: Nov 11 2014
    echo: Free Memory: 5246 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
    echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded
    echo:Steps per unit:
    echo: M92 X78.74 Y78.74 Z533.33 E836.00
    echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
    echo: M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z5.00 E25.00
    echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
    echo: M201 X9000 Y9000 Z100 E10000
    echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
    echo: M204 S3000.00 T3000.00
    echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum XY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s), E=maximum E jerk (mm/s)
    echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X20.00 Z0.40 E5.00
    echo:Home offset (mm):
    echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00
    echo:PID settings:
    echo: M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
    Error:0
    [ERROR] Error:0

: Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !
    Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    [ERROR] Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

And the bit that concerns me is the obvious part " Error:Printer stopped due to errors. "

i have a Acer Aspire 64 bit laptop which i'm using, the printer is set to 115200 baud rate on port 5. here is my copy of firmware which i'm using just incase it is something in there.
    My Marlin.zip

Also before i was using splinter or something along those lines, and there was no error (but the motors wouldnt move, but make a noise like it was jammed or not strong enough. but since i got the LCD shield i read that i needed marlin, (hoping this would kill two birds in one) but it seems to have created an error. as seen above.

i hope you guys can help me, if you need to you can email me at Jakers181008@gmail.com

if i've missed anything out please just say and i'll fill in the gaps

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
    - Your helpless amature 3D printer owner (Jake B)
    Last edited by jakers181008; 11-22-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    The error being reported is MAXTEMP triggered. The leads for the hot end thermistor are likely shorted together or the configuration.h file hasn't been set up properly for your printer. What is pronterface reporting as the hot end temperature?
    Last edited by printbus; 11-12-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Student
    Hi Printbus,

please find screen-shot of the temp graph seconds after connecting the printer. is there a way to check the quality of the thermistor as this was a pre built hot end, would it be something in the firmware that could be causing this as it didn't come up with this error while i had splinter or something like that (sorry forgot if that is actually the name)

Last edited by Roxy; 11-12-2014 at 02:30 PM.

The screen shot came out too small to be readable. I do question some of the configuration.h settings in your firmware zip file. You have motherboard type 33 set up, and later these definitions -

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 -1
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 -1
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 0

The -1 on TEMP_SENSOR_0 says the hot end is measured through an AD595 chip. Is that true? If not, change the -1 to the value for the thermistor your hot end supposedly uses. There's a table in the configuration.h file with values; repraps are usually set for a value of 1.

Motherboard type 33 means there's only one extruder, so TEMP_SENSOR_1 should be set to 0.

If your printer has a heated bed, TEMP_SENSOR_BED should be changed to the value for the thermistor used on the bed. Again, repraps are usually thermistor type 1, but it depends on what the manufacturer used on your heat bed.

Student
    AHH thank you i will try that right now, thanks!

Student
    hmmm.... not sure why this has happened but:...

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
    avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

Well, I do know that a STK500 is one of the hardware programmers that can be used with the Atmel AVR chips, and avrdude is the software usually used to communicate with either the hardware programmer or the Arduino board USB port. I have no idea why your environment would be trying to use the STK500 instead of the USB port.

Student
    ALRIGHTY THEN got it working,..... unplugged it and plugged in back in. but now the board fine playing a really loud beep because there is the error on screen. so there is still the error :MINTEMP on the board now, any other suggestions? :/

The deeping is coming from the LDC shield

connected it to pronterface and came with this:

: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
    Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    [ERROR] Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

echo:SD init fail
    Last edited by jakers181008; 11-12-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added pronter face

Student
    Update:

Just sent the M999 command, and this is the results:

>>>M999
    SENDING:M999
    Resend: 1

: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !

OK, so now you're getting the MINTEMP error. This suggests the hot end thermistor isn't connected to the RAMPS board where MARLIN expects it. (MAXTEMP indicates the thermistor is shorted out, MINTEMP indicates the thermistor is open or not connected). Is the hot end thermistor plugged onto the T0 connector on RAMPS, and the bed thermistor (if you have a heated bed) plugged onto T1?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast