Close

Technician

Which version of Arduino IDE (newbie)?

I have read in various places that I must use Arduino 022 to reflash Marlin into my ramps hardware. Since I use newer releases of the Arduino IDE routinely, I would prefer not to drop back to 022.

I have successfully compiled the Marlin source that is linked from the build guide for my new 10" Prusa i3v. I used Arduino 1.0.3 and simply changed the ".pde" extension to ".ino" on the main code. No compile time issues whatsoever.

But there have been subtle changes to the Arduino libraries along the way, so I can appreciate that there may be some hidden problems associated with jumping ahead to 1.0.3 or 1.0.5.

So, has anyone been successful using an IDE more recent than 022?

Thanks in advance (and apologies if this is a tired subject -- I did not find it by searching).

Jim

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I'm using 1.0.5, but I also updated to a newer Marlin version at the same time so my input may not mean much. I'm using the MakerFarm specific fork discussed in http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...s-enhancements

Technician
    Thanks. I will look into that.

I don't have ABL installed (yet), but I see that this can be managed using configuration.h. Is there anything in the fork besides the ABL thing I would need to modify to run it on my 10" i3v?

One of the first things I want to explore is why selecting COOLDOWN from the LCD doesn't turn off my bed heater.

Jim

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    Thanks. I will look into that.

I don't have ABL installed (yet), but I see that this can be managed using configuration.h. Is there anything in the fork besides the ABL thing I would need to modify to run it on my 10" i3v?

One of the first things I want to explore is why selecting COOLDOWN from the LCD doesn't turn off my bed heater.

Jim
    I don't have ABL either, so that isn't an issue. Other than that, the dacb fork should work as is. It's even set up for a 10-inch printer.

Can't help with the cooldown. I may have noticed that too but paid no attention to it since I pretty much run everything through repetier-host, not the LCD. I think the firmware build MakerFarm distributes is pretty dated (hence the tie to Arduino 022). I'd at least try the dacb fork and focus on looking into that firmware rather than sorting through the old stuff in the MakerFarm build.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I'm using Arduino 1.5.6-r2 without any issues with my printer. Colin recommends an older version but I have had no compile issues with my i3 8" Makerfarm.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Technician
    Thanks very much for the info. Once I decide what needs to be changed to fix the Cooldown function, I will load up the Arduino IDE and reprogram the Mega.

Jim