Close

Threaded View

sharing my website

Hey guys I'm a new user coming to the 3d printing realm. I've been looking to get into 3d printing for a while now but everything out there online is very unorganized mainly because of the variety of products available and a HUGE bloom in the 3d printing industry so that's all understandable. Sure, there's Google and amazon and 3ders and a few other sites if you want to search, but still you wonder how many 3d printers are out there that I actually have not seen that I would want if I knew it existed? The only way to know is to research.

You do a "3d printer" search on google and a random list of 3d printers pop up anywhere from kits to assembled printers to professional printers to others. All these printers are profoundly different in their own ways. The prices are different some ranging from $500 (printer kits) to $5000+ (home use professionally built). 3d printers are all different, some are un-assembled 3d printer kits to delta printers (which have a non moving platform bed for printing) to wooden 3d printers etc. You do another "3d printer" search on amazon and you're fed with a huge variety of 3d printers once again.

The point is: there's a whole lot of different printers. From wood, to metal, to kits, to fully assembled professional ones. There's also a sizable variety of filaments including the original ABS to biodegradable materials (PLA) to flexible materials (PET), just to name a few.

I found it really hard to actually choose from the many printers available and filament , so I decided that I'll organize a site kind of like a directory list for 3D printers and filaments into categories to that made sense to me and hopefully to everyone else that uses the site well.

I'd like to share my site with you: > filamentx.com < I hope it helps. Thanks for reading and have a nice one.
    Last edited by Bruce3D; 11-01-2014 at 05:10 AM.