Close

Flashforge Dreamer Question

Does the Dreamer use full size spools of filament? Looking at buying one but the spools they sell on their site are only 1.5lbs

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    750 gms is a standard size for some manufacturers.

You might be better looking at the creator pro. By all accounts it's the better of the two printers.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenmel08 View Post
    Does the Dreamer use full size spools of filament? Looking at buying one but the spools they sell on their site are only 1.5lbs
    Hi, I'll actually try and answer your question...

The Dreamer actually takes standard 600gm rolls rather than the 1kgm, which seems to be more popular with some companies, I guess they can make more money off smaller rolls. Like inkjet printers ripping us all off :/

The other Flashforges mount the spools on the rear of the machine and are not limited to the size, I run 2kg spools off my flashforge original, or you can even run them on the floor on a spool holder.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Well i guess i will see.....Ive have people tell me yes and no to just about all my questions about the Dreamer.......But i pulled the trigger and bought it this morning anyways.......I will confirm 100% here shortly......

Thanks