Close

Geomagic Sculpt 3D modeling software with the Touch haptic 3D stylus Revealed

Today, 3D Systems announced the release of Geomagic Sculpt 3D modeling software with the Touch haptic 3D stylus, allowing users a great deal of artistic freedom previously unavailable in producing designs for 3D printing. The software works in parallel the user’s existing CAD system, but allows them to surpass those limits by the creative and intuitive sense of feeling provided by the haptic stylus. The combination of the software with the stylus allows greater design freedom and manipulation, as well as offering a built-in flagging system to check for 3D printability of designs. Find out more in the full article: http://3dprint.com/21860/3d-systems-geomagic-sculpt/

Below is an image of the Geomagic Sculp platform in action with the Touch haptic 3D stylus:

Staff Engineer
    It sounds like a gimmick, but the ability to feel what you're doing as you're doing it is a huge productivity booster. I've been using the predecessor of this system for some time now, and it has made a lot of things possible for me that wouldn't have been. Although it's still not exactly cheap at $3900 (that's List - I should be able to do a little better) it compares favorably to the previous Claytools/Touch product, which was $5900 at List, both in its price and its feature set.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com