Close

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter

Switching to the new feeder on the Rep2

So we've had our Rep2 from some time last year and the feeder finally broke. I made a working replacement part in Autodesk Inventor 2013 and put it up on Thingiverse. (thing:188104)

It worked well enough to hold us over until we could get the official upgrade kit for the spring loader.

We finally got it yesterday and I'll be making the switch in about 30 minutes.

Anyone else make the switch and notice a big difference?

I'm a bit scared to make the switch. Just a fear of the unknown I guess. Let us know how it goes.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Well, in the six hours I got to mess around with it it seems to work 227.66% better.

I would make the switch. If you're worried about breaking something when taking the drive block apart, they have videos on YouTube on how to do it.

Everyone I know with a Rep 2 who have switched are very pleased with the upgrade. Glad to hear it is working well for you MysteryAlabaster.

I was thankful, when I got my Replicator 2 from a local place in AU it already had the spring-loaded feeder in it so good, never had a problem with jamming in the head. On spools is another story though, usually if the filament is wound a funny way