Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Are there any reasonable priced kossels?

Geoff: The printer I linked to is that a Aurora Z605? And why not? :P
Kossels can be bought for well under $400, the components can be bought for even less, if you can buy all the parts minus the plastic thats what you want.

That is not an Aurora (they have a clear perspex frame) and the reason I say don't buy one is because it was an utter waste of $600 and has taken me months to build new parts for it just to get it working.

They advertise it as 3mm / 1.75mm ... it isnt. Its only a 3mm head. They also advertise "good quality moulded parts!" BS!! they are the worst plastic parts Ive ever seen, your flashforge is capable of much better.

Alot of the cheap prusa's are using The Melzi mini board, which does not support an LCD display, so if you want a display, you need to then go buy a RAMPS kit and replace the default board.

MY z605 so far, I have had to buy a new hobbed bolt, build a new geared extruder for it, new idlers, carriages, new hot end... If I wanted to spend $800, I would have gone and bought a second hand FF, but I wanted a 500-600$ DIY kit, and holy crap, was the the Aurora DIY.