After getting my i3v 10" working very consistently with what I consider acceptable print quality (BIG thanks to Roxy and DACB for the autobed leveling code work), I thought it was time to do some fine tuning to see if I could get even higher quality prints. So, last night I started going through the calibration for the extruder following the ZennmasterM videos and after 3 hours of effort was getting wildly different results after each attempt. I started with extruding 97.6mm of PLA (used pronterface to extrude 100mm) and made adjustments from there using Zenn's calcs, and after making the estep adjustment to 861.7 by using the LCD controls wound up with a measurement of 95.6mm extruded. Huh?

Long story short, I reset estep to 841 and did 5 100mm extrudes and got varied results with every extrude, up to 8mm of difference between extrudes. I tightened the guildler screws and that had no effect. And like I said, I'm actually getting very good prints. I also made 10 measurements of the filament over the 100mm of PLA to be extruded and had a consistent 1.73mm. So I was wondering if anyone has run into this before and has any suggestions.