Close

Add Marm on Thingiverse

Weird Error when Slicing.

Attempting to print out a test piece. It's a copy of a bulkhead for a model boat. I scanned the original bulkhead on a flatbed scanner, and then traced (something like 400 lines) the outline of the bulkhead in sketchup. Previous attempt using a photograph in sketchup worked (ie printed), but due to some parallax in the photo, the top half of the bulkhead was a few mm small. So the scan seemed to make a better copy.

Using XYZware for slicing (haven't committed yet to flashing the cart and using Slic3r, but FWIW, The xyzware is firewalled from the net so it won't force firmware or software updates on my so I can't flash the carts.), the original bulkhead printed fine, this one keeps throwing this error:

Capture_zps072e4669.jpg

This is how it looks on the slicer's build table :

Capture2_zps4a868f2a.jpg

The first one had almost identical edge clearances. The slicing software says it fits, but when I hit Print (XYZware, printing on a Davinci 1.0), it throws that error. I can still print other things, just not this thing.

Any ideas?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Well, I took the original tracing I did, re-extruded it in sketchup as a new file, imported that into XYZ, aligned it, and it seems to want to print. Hmph.

Thanks anyways guys.