Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Kickstarter Project Update #15: Peachy Prints Suzanne & The Julia Vase

Project Update #15: Peachy Prints Suzanne & The Julia Vase

Posted by Rinnovated Design ♥ Like
    Hey Backers,

We’ve got an especially exciting update for you this time... we fixed the memory issues in the mirror assembly and we got the Peachy Printer doing some more complicated prints! For a quick look at our new prints check out the video below!
    http://youtu.be/X6S0L5rjqKQIf you’re looking for some more details, the video below features an interview with Rylan speaking about the prints. Have a look!
    http://youtu.be/QpV25Dvh1q8Some Pictures for you!

Here's a comparison shot, showing monkeys printed before and after funding. You can certainly see the difference your support has made so far, Thank-you Backers!

We printed the Julia Vase a bit too fast and it did not completely cure the resin, what we got was a vase which is soft and yet springs back to its original form.
    About The Julia Vase

We chose the Julia Vase because it is known to be a challenging object to print, as it is detailed and has many overhangs. If you check out the original object, you may notice that we have chosen to print the vase wider to exaggerate the overhangs. Even with these exaggerations we successfully printed the vase multiple times showing us that the Peachy Printer will be able to reliably print objects this complicated.
    Extra Credit Goes Too...

Virtox for designing the Julia Vase and all his other great designs in the 3D printing field. The specific file we used is “Julia Vase #011 - Heat wave” found here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:126567
    Thanks for granting us permission to use this wonderful art piece Virtox! You can check out more of Virtox’s great work here:http://blog.virtox.net/
    We’d also like to thank Willem Paul Van Overbruggen (SLiD3), who created Suzanne, the blender Mascot.
    Keep your eyes open for the next update
    Thanks,
    The Peachy Printer Team.

it's very amazing... can't wait to see more stuff!

Yey!
    Finaly some more prints and examples what this printer is able to get to with care and enough work put into it.

The two prints they shown here is in my opinion very nice, The monkey well, The layers are just getting so thin!
    The turned cube/vase print they shown first in there kickstarter, and when you now see this, well its a huge jump!
    Also if you look at the great hangover it could work with when you look at the monkey.

Of course this is rather a small object the overhang size isnt like that big, but its still almost 90 degrees, Not that it isnt do able with a Extrusion printer since the small overhang size.

Kinda curious at the moment how large this printer could print, If you enlarge the size of the container, also if the printer actualy makes alot of noise.

really well done, thanks for the improved communication! looking forward to seeing what will come next! my guess would be after some higher resolution, larger prints or maybe even some testing of infilling?

Technician
    my guess as to the noise of the printer would be about as noisy as a dripping shower due to the water drop z axis system. in most 3d printers the main noise is from the stepper motors stepping, and my guess for the size of print is as large as the containers for the salt water/resin to print with and have enough height to place the printer above. I will be beta testing with several container sizes (ie 3.5L 5.5L & 12L) so will be able to give a better idea WHEN I have have had a chance to play with the peachy for a couple of weeks

The more updates you show us. The more hyped I get!

The thought of having the resin semi-cured intrigues me. I imagine that the resin will eventually harden in sunlight or under a UV lamp.

That means you can get a part "close", mold it, and then cure it in place. Especially useful for inclusion of other parts or materials!