Hey guys,

I've been printing for a while now, and I have to say, I'm disappointed by the lack of a print optimisation software. I would love to see something that can take the model you've uploaded, or loaded into it, for example, and test it for the least required support/best final quality print alignment. I know this would be something that's definitely calculation intensive, even if you go every degree in X/Y/Z that's 46.66 million calculations alone, that number effectively goes much higher if you start going down to 0.5 of a degree or 0.1 of a degree, but it would definitely be a way to optimise printing. Hell, if I was able to program, this would definitely be something I'd be aiming to produce! I print a lot of detailed objects from Eve Online, such as ships and turrets (i'm building myself a tabletop game to play lol) and the amount of prints I've had to throw out (mind you, at a 25mm scale I definitely expected to) is not even calculable! Printing 5-6 versions of the same ship, just in the off chance that it works once!

Anybody have an opinion on this? Or know of a software that would basically do something along these lines?

Questions/Comments appreciated!