Over the weekend my daughter wanted to print something for a friend of hers. I said fine, but I want you to either model it yourself or find a model on your own... Trying to teach her to either want to model it on her own, or at least do a search for it. She found what she wanted and come to find out it was a Tardis. Matter of fact a pretty large one.... Ok what ever she wants. I showed her how to use the slicer program and get it all ready. Then when she did, I went in and checked on the printer, made sure it was all set up, and told her to be prepared as it would take it quite some time to print it, and to be ready to sit in there for some time. She just grabbed a book, and said ok. I showed her how to go in and make sure everything was hot, then make sure that the Z distance was ok. Everything seemed fine. She then loaded the file via the card. She got it started and I looked at it. All appeared fine to me so off it went. It ran for the entire book she read (About 4 hours) and then she had me check on it, and she grabbed another book in the series. She is a reader. She went in and read it all as well. She was on a roll. All printing looked good to. She said she was hungry so we went in, made dinner for the family and ate dinner. It had been running fine. Then we wrapped up for the night and I planned to just let it run. I would check on it off and on, and it was doing great. Then sometime in the evening it decided to stop feeding and just chew up the filament. Not sure what happened. It ran with nothing coming out, and the bolt has chewed a spot in the filament and it is not feeding. Just printed a 3" cube to about 2.5" tall with 4% fill. I will go in tonight, clean it out, make sure that there is no jam, and clean the bed again. Take the part and toss it into the Failed parts pile. Someday I will find a way to recycle that stuff. Any idea why it would do this in the middle of a print when it was doing just fine up till then?

I can take a couple pictures when I get home tonight.