Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

3D Printed Cinema "Relief" by Julien Maire

We have all seen the old time film projectors, if not in person, than on TV. Film production began in the late 19th century and since has come a long way. What film maker, Julien Maire has done is come up with a new way of creating cinema, not through the use of film, but through the use of 3D printed objects which he printed on a Form 1 stereolithographic 3D printer. Using clear resin, the objects come out in such a way to allow just enough light to pass through. For his short film, he printed 85 different figures which are adhered to a film like plastic and then run through a light projector. Read and see more at: http://3dprint.com/18351/julien-mair...rinted-cinema/

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Now that is very cool, the translucent models give you something more than a puppet show, you get depth as you can see the light shining through it, I like it!

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    this reminds me of an old slides projector that I used to have when I was a child. very creative
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke