Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
I did look at the new makerware desktop - really didn't like it. Might try it again.

But assuming it's 100% compatible I'm pretty sure I'll buy a copy simplify3d.
Has all the good bits from all the other software out there and a bunch of stuff none of them have.

Right my questions were answered, so I'll be buying simplify3d - probably later today.
I hope this doesn't become a trend lol
Buying software, what's the world coming to ;-)
I'm not sure if I already mentioned it; but I'm also using Simplify3D. And I've been really happy with the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Nice print! looks pretty good really, is it uniform like that all the way around, ie is there any stitching marks or did you use a random starting point for the layers?

I always have suffered from a stitch line in the front left of my flashforge jobs, so I usually have that at the back of the model, it's not there if I print super slow, but once you get to 75feed/120travel, it is more noticable.
Random starting point; so no stitching; the only mistakes are, as mentioned, the small pointy parts with large overhang - but I will fix this with lower temp and better duct fan!

Quote Originally Posted by EeeK-Daz23 View Post
That T-Rex skull turned out great, It all most looks like its had some Acetone treatment
Since i want to mainly use ABS I'm trying to burn through the supplied PLA from Flashforge.

Just curious what settings you are using?
I am currently using 230c for extruder and 70c for heat bed with 3mm Retraction Distance seems to work fine at 2mm but not so much at 1mm. Also should i re-adjust the bed distance when going from 2mm to 1mm so its slightly closer to the nozzle?

EDIT: I actually have no cooling fan for PLA just the default extruder fan which may or may not be my main issue when printing at 1mm..
Thanks; since you're using Simplify 3D I can just share my profile (see attached)
You don't have to re-adjust the bed distance; always leFlashForge-PLAv2.zipvel the same way - the software will do the rest.

Having a duct fan is nessecary (at least for me, with my settings, in my environment) - I'm currently working on a improved version that docks a 60[mm] fan (more air; less noise) so that should be good!

(unzip file and import in the process settings - do check if the right extruder is checked and check if the temp is good for your material (if possible; lower the temperature!!))