Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer
    You can use a rock polisher. Toss that thing and leave it for 24 hours.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by James___UK View Post
    That is freakin nice! How did they finish off the models in the picture?
    Wet and dry Sandpaper works well. Don't forget, these are still fused with plastic, so a rock tumbler as Richard suggested might be a bit rough, worth a try tho.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer
    Here is a video if any of you are curious

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    really nice...
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    Here is a video if any of you are curious
    I think the dremel was a bit more effective than the rock tumbler IMO
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

That looks easy enough to work with, nice to know there are a few options but I do have a dremel anyhow so that'd do nicely. Thanks for the info

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Also bear in mind the sensible way to use this stuff is to print a hollow model, knock a hole in the bottom and fill it with modelling clay (what colorfabb were doing at the tct show). This gives it weight and internal strength and preserves expensive filament.

The rotary tool is the way to go. Quicker, easier to use and you can also use it to buff and polish as well as fine sand.

What with my birthday next month and christmas the month after - I don't think I'll have any problems making a gift list of weird and wonderful filament this year :-)

Hmm, says this about the copper:
    *Testing showed reliable results using the all metal hot-ends, such as the E3D and the Makerbot Replicator 2 hotend. Hotends which use a teflon isolator coupler can generate adhesion to the copper filament possibly leading to clogs and is there for not recommended for novice users yet.
    Which is all us flashforge and makerbot dual clone users. bugger.

BUT it doesn't say the same for the bronze fill !
    I'm hoping this is because it works with teflon and not because they just haven't got round to posting it :-)
    Having seen both filaments together - apart from the copper being slightly lighter in colour they were very similiar.
    You artistic types would probably think they were very different - That's not me :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-10-2014 at 11:09 AM.

I'll leave experimentation to the hardcore users, my flashforge only recently arrived by mail so I've not even tried ABS yet!

Hi All- I have used the Bronze fill on my Printrbot Simple Metal (6x6 build platform). The stuff is incredible! It is definitely the best performing filament for my needs, that is available for desktop printers. I own a boutique watch brand and bought the printer to do some rapid prototyping. I was never expecting to have any 3d printed object be high definition. Rather I was just trying to get an idea, before I spent money going through the process of prototyping in steel. I have to say, this filament has far surpassed my wildest dreams. Upon following the finishing process on the manufacturer's website, my prints are immaculate. No print lines at all and shines just like bronze! this stuff is incredible!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    cool, always good to have feedback.
    Got any pictures of what you've made ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12