Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

colorFabb Announces copperFill Filament

For those of you who are fans of colorFabb's bronzeFill filament, you are in luck Today the company has announced yet another metal infused 3D printer filament called copperFill. With a bit of a browner, more rustic look than its bronze counterpart, once polish, the new filament is now available for pre-order at a price of €49.95 per 750g spool. More details on this new filament can be found here: http://3dprint.com/16739/colorfabb-copperfill-filament/

Below is a picture comparing two polished prints. The left one is made with copperFill, and the right with bronzeFill.

Staff Engineer
    Seeing the results of polishing the print in a rock tumbler makes me wonder how well it would do with vapor smoothing with Ethyl Acetate.

Also... Oh man do I want some of this.

Student
    Follow Assaf On Twitter Add Assaf on Facebook Add Assaf on Google+
    has anyone tried printing colorfabb with the Makerbot Gen5 3d Printers?

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I wonder if this would work on Up! Plus 2 printer. Because I tried woodFill filament and it works, but sadly bronzeFill doesn't. Anyone else who tried these on Up?
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the copper filament is fascinating.
    If you don't sand and polish it it actually looks and feels like rough earthernware pottery.

A genuine dual purpose filament.

We had problems differentiating the polished product from the bronze on their stand at the show.

But the unpolished stuff would make great pots and vases as you'd think they were genuine pottery.

IT's not cheap but given the dual usage, I think it'd be worth the money.

Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Assaf View Post
    has anyone tried printing colorfabb with the Makerbot Gen5 3d Printers?
    I have heard that Makerbot says using 3rd party filament in your gen 5 printer voids the warranty, not that they necessarily would know but I think in affect they are saying, if you smart extruder clogs with other peoples stuff, don't expect us to foot the bill for another smart extruder.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well looking at the in depth reviews of the 5th gen, it wouldn't surprise me.
    They seem to be bloody awful printers, with a lot of issues.

Engineer
    I am curious about the electrical conductivity. I am much more interested how well these thing perofrms with electroplating with chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
    I am curious about the electrical conductivity. I am much more interested how well these thing perofrms with electroplating with chrome.
    Yes, I was wondering about that too. I think if conductivity was great, they'd have advertized it.

I just received a 1,5kg roll of the bronzefill and man that is dense : for a casual looker, the roll looks half empty.

That is freakin nice! How did they finish off the models in the picture?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast