Close

Made an object in 3DS Max 2012, now how do I print it?

Hey guys. As the title says, I made an object in 3DS Max but I think it needs to be solid, I tried googling for ages but I found NOTHING on making an object solid and ready to print in 3DS Max.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers.

Here's a tutorial. My google-fu is strong. If this is not what you were looking for, then my google-fu is weak and I am ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dkarma View Post
    Here's a tutorial. My google-fu is strong. If this is not what you were looking for, then my google-fu is weak and I am ashamed.
    Already found this mate, didn't help. You must feel the shame and walk the plank.

Anyway... Out of nowhere, my models are printing fine, I just do standard STL export and put the model into CURA to read the ETA, if it's 0 minutes then theres a problem.

I'm hanging my head.

If you're getting to the STL export stage fine, but Cura's balking, run it through the netfabb cloud repair service. It's pretty good at fixing broken STLs.

You can download netfabb for free as well, which is pretty good at identifying and highlighting the problems. The free version isn't so good at fixing them, but the cloud service is.