Close

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Roxy, what's the status of this fork?

I'm still recommending (a fork with preconfigured settings) of this for users of my extruders, but recently I've been playing with the latest release Marlin. The latest release code seems to have all of the ABL functionality I need, but it doesn't lift before retracting the probe, so snap switches without wheels collide with the bed during retraction.

For switches with wheels, the Marlin code works great.

Are there any plans to get the lift-before-retract functionality into Marlin?

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Roxy, what's the status of this fork?

I'm still recommending (a fork with preconfigured settings) of this for users of my extruders,
    As strange as it may seem... I'm still pointing people to the BeckDac for in special cases too!

but recently I've been playing with the latest release Marlin. The latest release code seems to have all of the ABL functionality I need, but it doesn't lift before retracting the probe, so snap switches without wheels collide with the bed during retraction.

For switches with wheels, the Marlin code works great.

Are there any plans to get the lift-before-retract functionality into Marlin?
    So this confuses me. Are you saying with the various Z_RAISE_BEFORE, Z_RAISE_BETWEEN and Z_RAISE_AFTER you can't make it work for you? If that is the case there is still work to do. But I was under the impression that those three settings gave everybody enough control they can set things up for however their printer is built.

Please give me some more detail!!!
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-30-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Marlin Upload Issue

Roxy, I am able to upload BeckDac with my modified Configuration.h to the RAMBO board on my printer; however when I close out of Marlin on my laptop, reopen it and try to upload it again (with or without any tweaks to my Confguration.h) I always get the error message "n_points was not declared in this scope" and the line "int xGridSpacing = (r_probe_bed_position - l_probe_bed_position) / (n_points-1);" is highlighted in Marlin_main.cpp

Why would Marlin upload fine the first time, but not again after closing out of it and reopening it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    So this confuses me. Are you saying with the various Z_RAISE_BEFORE, Z_RAISE_BETWEEN and Z_RAISE_AFTER you can't make it work for you? If that is the case there is still work to do. But I was under the impression that those three settings gave everybody enough control they can set things up for however their printer is built.

Please give me some more detail!!!
    Between probes, it is raising, but it retracts the probe before it raises. The sequence is:

1. Move to probe location
    2. Extend probe
    3. Probe, reverse and repeat probe slowly
    4. Retract probe
    5. Raise
    6. Move to next probing position

My Configuration.h file is attached. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Configuration.h

My code was taken from Marlin fcc15f4897ddabef35d1d51cb08513a3b8fbcc83 on August 1.

Clough... I'll look more carefully at it tomorrow. But Yes! That does sound wrong. Can you use M111 to turn on the Auto Bed Leveling debug flags? And then post the verbose output of what is going on? I bet we can figure things out pretty quickly with that. (ThinkyHead is the one that put that into the code base. I don't like the fact we have a bunch of extra code for doing debug print outs, but it is worth the nuisance!!!!)

If you have any trouble figuring it out... You can just force the issue. In Marlin_main.cpp change this line to be:

uint8_t marlin_debug_flags = DEBUG_INFO|DEBUG_ERRORS |DEBUG_LEVELING ;

and then do a G28 and a G29.

Clough... I'll look more carefully at it tomorrow. But Yes! That does sound wrong. Can you use M111 to turn on the Auto Bed Leveling debug flags? And then post the verbose output of what is going on? I bet we can figure things out pretty quickly with that. (ThinkyHead is the one that put that into the code base. I don't like the fact we have a bunch of extra code for doing debug print outs, but it is worth the nuisance!!!!)

If you have any trouble figuring it out... You can just force the issue. In Marlin_main.cpp change this line to be:

uint8_t marlin_debug_flags = DEBUG_INFO|DEBUG_ERRORS |DEBUG_LEVELING ;

and then do a G28 and a G29.
    I don't seem to have the line of code you mention with the debug flags, so let me ask real quick which code I should be using?

I'm currently branched from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin.git from the "marlin/release" branch. Is that the 1.0 code? Should I be pulling something else? marlin/RC?

I don't seem to have the line of code you mention with the debug flags, so let me ask real quick which code I should be using?

I'm currently branched from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin.git from the "marlin/release" branch. Is that the 1.0 code? Should I be pulling something else? marlin/RC?
    Probably, the best version for you to use is: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin and select the RC (Release Candidate) branch. (I don't use Git yet, so I'm not sure how to answer the rest of your question. But using the web interface, go to that link, and select RC. That is the most stable and has everything you want in it. The MarlinFirmware/MarlinDev side of things is really the same code, but we are changing the development environment to let us start breaking up the big files and organize things better.)

I just did a diff of your Configuration.h file you posted up above with the RC's Configuration.h file. I think the root of your problem is Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING got added to the code base and you don't have that in your Configuration.h file. So no raise happens at the end of probing.

Code:
    #define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 15   // How much the Z axis will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
      #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 5  // How much the Z axis will be raised when traveling from between next probing points.
      #define Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING 15    // How much the Z axis will be raised after the last probing point.

//#define Z_PROBE_END_SCRIPT "G1 Z10 F12000\nG1 X15 Y330\nG1 Z0.5\nG1 Z10" // These commands will be executed in the end of G29 routine.
                                                                                // Useful to retract a deployable Z probe.

Clough??? Did adding the Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING fix the problem?

Thank you for your help. Sorry I didn't respond. I have a few irons in the fire, and this is just one of them.

After trying a bunch of quick things (made a branch of my code and tried to merge down the RC) it looks like it'll be a little more work than that to get it working. There have been a lot of changes. Now that I understand what code I need, I'll get back to it when I get a spare moment. I've got a bunch of tuning in the EEPROM to record and some production jobs to run.

I'll let you know when I get it working.

Thanks.

Yes. That worked.

I finally bit the bullet, pulled the RC and back-merged all of my config changes. I haven't actually printed yet, but the bed leveling is working.

Looks like the motor directions got switched (again) and there are some changes to the thermal runaway detection (no configuration parameters) so we'll see how it goes.

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast