Close

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jtice View Post
    I am happy to report that I have Auto Leveling working very well now !!!!!
    Thanks to all the great info and helpful people here. !
    You are going to enjoy this cool feature!!!

What is it referring to when it says "You MUST HAVE the SERVO_ENDSTOPS defined to use here a value higher than zero otherwise your code will not compile."
    The only place I could find SERVO_ENDSTOPS was the section of code I mentioned above, that I had set to 1 before.
    I had it set to one, thinking this was the place it meant not to set to 0
    The #define for SERVO_ENSTOPS is always defined in the Configuration.h file. I suspect that early in the development of the Auto Bed Leveling it was conditional. But that is not the case now. I think this comment is causing you concern when you can just ignore it.

Alittle clarification on this would be appreciated.
    The servo twitches alittle while it is taking readings, but its not too bad, I mainly want to enable this feature so that the servo is disabled during printing.
    It makes noise as it maintains its retracted position, since the printer shakes it around a bit.
    Just delete the // in front of:

// #define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300

And the servo should automatically quit being powered. But I kicked up the time a bit. 1/3 of a second seemed a little bit light. I have mine at 1/2 second or a value of 500.

Engineer
    Heh, I run mine at a straight 1000.

Sorry for being absent... Traveling.

Sounds like Roxy really did a great job with all the questions! Thanks, Roxy.

So Dacb, can you give us an update? Where are we? I saw you merged the Sly20 script into the fork, but then it looks like that was all taken out again? It might be good for us to circle back and talk about the Sly20 script. I believe his script looks for long names on the G29 command line and replaces them with the post-processed values. Are we still thinking it makes sense to use R-ight, L-eft, F-ront and B-ack for the parameter names? (I suspect that makes sense, but it wouldn't hurt to get agreement with everybody involved.)

And if I understand things right, The way the script parses the G29 line in the GCode, those parameter names can be anything???

I need to port this fork to my printer, but I've been so busy with school. I just haven't had time to do it.

And Syl20: Do you have good, step by step instructions on how to deploy your post processing script in different environments? That would be very beneficial to the community if that could be packaged up with it.
    Last edited by Roxy; 10-23-2014 at 04:58 PM.

I had intended to merge just Sly20's script, but unfortunately he included lots of extra stuff in the pull request that we/I don't want, like overriding the Makerfarm configuration for stuff specific to his reprap. Sadly, it was late and I didn't review the full pull request before I merged (after which time I noticed the configuration stuff) it so I had to revert it out. Now I'm faced with doing a cherry pick of the pull request commits or having him resubmit the pull request for just the commits that are relevant. The latter is the best way from a software engineering standpoint (each feature should be a separate item to allow regression evaluation), but not the most friendly for him.

As for the firmware core, I've been using it exclusively on my printer. Rarely, it will prompt me with a Waiting for user... after completing the G29, which is somewhat unexpected. Other than that, it is working fine.
    Last edited by dacb; 10-23-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling is good

Technician
    I mentioned this in another thread, but wanted to put it here in the fork thread to keep it in the proper thread. Is it possible to uncomment the #define SLED_DOCKING_OFFSET as default in this fork? I think everyone using this code will have to manually uncomment this define, even if they have a docking sled. And possibly change the default value to 0 instead of 5. I had a hang after the G28 in my gcode (would not continue to the G29) until this was uncommented. Other than this, the forked worked well with no modifications for me other than the usual steps, origin, probe offsets and extend/retract values for the servo.

Engineer
    I've net yet had that problem with the sled docking offset define being commented. I'm currently using the latest EricZalm Marlin with the changes in beckdac's Marlin merged across.

Technician
    Good to know Abu. Did your firmware download already come with the define uncommented and this is now part of the code or was it commented and this only affects just some MakerFarm printers?

Engineer
    It is commented in both ericzalm and beckdac Marlin zips. Seems it's only affecting some printers, not all.

Technician
    That's interesting that the hardware level affects this setting. I'm running the Arduino Mega 2560, what Arduino board do you have installed?

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast