Hello!

I work at a library that owns a MakerBot Replicator 2X and we've recently been having issues with it. I took it apart to clean the extruder heads (to clear a blockage and to clean the heads which had become gunked up). I have since put it back together multiple times and have not gotten it to work.

Here is what I've tried:

1. Reassembling all the pieces exactly the same way I had taken them apart (repeated multiple times). Error messages: Heating Failure #1 (Software Temp Limit Reached!) and #2 (My extruders are not heating properly). When I try to load filament (to test the heating components) into the right extruder, only the left extruder heats up. Likewise, when I try to load filament into the left, the right heats up. So, both extruders do heat but not as they should. Neither heats up in a pre-heat situation. It never makes it past three bars when heating.

IMG_1246.jpg IMG_1245.jpg

2. I've looked at the motherboard and there are no missing, striped, or mis-alligned wires.

3. I've switched around wires/fans/etc (picture) but get the same error messages.

IMG_1244.jpg

At this point, I've tried everything I can think of and everything I've been suggested through reading. I don't know what's wrong. Contacting Maker Support was a no-go as their forums only lead me in circles. Has anyone experienced this before? Or have any suggestions?

Thanks!