Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juice

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    there are an increasing number of 3d print suppliers in the uk.
    As soon as there's some kind of demand, they'll probably start selling the resins.

If you can get a hold of some styrene or methacrylate you can use a cheap photoinitiator and make like 1L of resin for a few bucks.

Engineer-in-Training
    Very interesting !!!! Have you got a complete recipe, i.e. the absolute proportions? Or a link to a website? Cheers.... in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    Very interesting !!!! Have you got a complete recipe, i.e. the absolute proportions? Or a link to a website? Cheers.... in anticipation.

Not one I've fully tested, but if you can get a hold of some methyl methacrylate and benzophenone you can make it by mixing in proportions of about 20:1 from what I've read. You also need to scrub out the oxygen if you want a good quality polymer, I was thinking of bubbling carbon dioxide (made from yeast and sugar or baking soda and vinegar if you want) to get rid of the oxygen.

I was also working on another mixture from flax oil and a special non-toxic catalyst I'm working on and needs to be done in air but it needs some pre-heating to activate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12