Close

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Yup, waiting patiently. Just sits there. Often, it has trouble running commands from the terminal. It was so frustrating that I just opened up pronterface. I will work on it a bit more.

sometimes, octoprint gets hung when an error occurs, when this happens just reload your browser or restart octoprint

Engineer-in-Training
    I still can't load files to print from octopi. The only time I can is if I have an SD card in the printer. I can't upload. Also, I can't load anything into the gcode viewer.

Technologist
    I recommend posting these issues to the OctoPrint community - https://plus.google.com/communities/...08349328485741

Engineer-in-Training
    Haven't had any luck posting there. Not sure why I can't upload locally. The progress bar quickly goes up and then back down, like it changes it's mind. I can only load files to the SD card. The gcode viewer doesn't load anything either.

I am getting this on the terminal display...

Communication timeout during printing, forcing a line

Did you expand your disk size after flashing the image?

If not that's why

When you ssh into the pi and your username is pi and password is raspberry that's what's probably wrong

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I am getting this on the terminal display... Communication timeout during printing, forcing a line
    Go into settings and increase the communication timeout, then.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    Did you expand your disk size after flashing the image?

If not that's why

When you ssh into the pi and your username is pi and password is raspberry that's what's probably wrong
    I thought I had followed the settings pretty closely and that I increased the size. I did not SSH but did it following Tom's guide as I have no idea what SSH even means. Well, I know what is is after reading countless hours on the Octo stuff. I just don't know how to do it.

You followed toms guide you should be fine... But ssh is a good thing to learn as well as a general thing to know...

Yes communication timeout will fix that error... It usually comes from the printer expecting a line of gcode during an abl

Technologist
    I did not see where you said which browser you are using. I could not get the upload to work correctly with IE11 on Windows & switched to Firefox & it worked perfectly. Have you tried Firefox on the Mac?

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast